Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Campgrounds, Travel and Attractions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-02-2024, 02:47 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Well, its hard to find the right words.... but above all sincere condolences to you and your family on this loss. That they went ahead (as we Irish Montrealers say) within days of each other appears to me that the Creator knew they should be together.
As lives end others begin and that little sweetheart in the pic will I am sure bring you so many new and wonderful times to help you look forward with a smile.
I like so many here are happy to see you "back in the saddle" and look forward to asking your sage advice and reading about your travels.
All the best,
Heike and Brian from Canada
Old 06-02-2024, 03:03 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Paul,
So sorry for your loss. We knew you were going through those tough times when we were in Spring Branch during the not so viewable eclipse.

Can I say I know what you went through. Earlene was diagnosed with leukemia (AML) in Oct 23. From then through January was tough with chemo and all else that you mentioned. From Jan. to now it is up and down. She is still in bad shape but we just keep praying and hoping. So yes, I know what you went through. I'm still going through it but the end has not come - and I hope it doesn't.

We have stopped our trips and the MH will be going up for sale.

Bless you and your family and my best to your wife as executioner of the will. That can also be a burden.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 03:46 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Sincerest condolences Paul.
I know it doesn’t help ease the pain to hear others say they have been through it, but when you have a chance to step back from it, you may feel better knowing that their pain and suffering ended, and in the grand scheme of life, every one of us will go down a path to greater goodness. I don’t think it was a coincidence that you were gifted with a beautiful grandchild. Safe travels.
Semper Fi.
Old 06-06-2024, 12:28 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

So sorry Paul. May God bless you and your family today and always.
Great that you have adventuring to fall back on and have some trips planned.
Made me smile that you would regularly check out your rig.
When we were kids, we would go out to the garage and sit in the car making vroom engine noises and screeching tire noises.
I pictured you do the same in your Adventurer!
Safe travels
Old 06-06-2024, 02:38 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

I envy you. I have 4 grandboys and another on the way. Looks like I'll have to wait until I'm a great grandfather to get a granddaughter.

My condolences on your loss.