Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Towing, Hitching and Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-27-2024, 06:37 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2017 GMC Terrain toad - not tracking?

I have towed this 4 cylinder AWD 2017 Terrain without issue for the past 2 years however this year when hooked up to the RV on it's first trip the steering front wheels do not turn to follow the coach. I have followed as in the past the GM #17-NA-348 directive on the proper set-up of the vehicle for successful towing. The only difference to the vehicle from the past is 4 new tires and new brakes and calipers all around. The front steering wheels are not bound up as they move without effort when I jacked the car up. This is not an issue with the steering lock as I have proven the lock is not engaged and the key is in the aux position. I have the fuse 16 removed per GM direction. I am guessing that this may be an issue in some fashion of the 'electric' steering system??
Please if someone has a suggestion to remedy this situation I would greatly appreciate it.
Northcote
Northcote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 03:34 PM   #2
Site Team

What happens if you disconnect the pos battery cable on the toad? That would eliminate the electric power steering?

But, that doesn't solve why this suddenly started happening????

Not sure if this applies - but it seems to include your Toad:

https://community.fmca.com/topic/117...-2017-terrain/
Old 06-27-2024, 04:42 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the suggestion and interesting read on the attachment. I have work to do this weekend to try some of these scenarios. You hit the nail on the head with the query as to why this suddenly started happening. Got me stumped too.

Tags
toad