Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Towing, Hitching and Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-18-2024, 12:17 PM   #21
CZBB RV6A 2008 29R Sight

Wire locks? Jeep door.

Just an FYI, If you own a jeep (mines a 2018 JL) It won't move unless the doors are closed. The first time we towed it and disconnected I couldn't get it to move. Luckily I had the owners manual and closed the door.

I like the pin locking idea. I might incorporate that with a type of red "Remove before flight" tag suggested earlier. I know at least two of mine have a pivoting loop on the end that flips over to lock it into place but not all of them.

I have a little red light mounted on the front side of the mirror. It can be seen with the backup camera and lights up when the brakes are applied.
7997redtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 04:50 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Steering wheel light description

It is a led socket like this with a bright led bulb. I wired this to a 12v cigaret lighter plug and plug it into my cigaret lighter. I have two and one stays on when the ignition is off. You could use a battery from and electric drill probably or add a connector to a part of your harness that stays on or run a dedicated wire to the battery.

I took a piece of 1/2 SCH 40 PVC and cut it in half lengthwise for a few inches on one end so that the socket could be mounted into the other half. I wire tied the socket onto the pvc and added some hot glue to secure things a little better. A few more wire ties to create strain relief for the wiring. Bottom line is make a stick a little longer than your steering wheel with a light on one end. I'm sure you could make something that looks better than mine.

I then got some bungee cord and made a loop that was the right size so that I could loop it around the lighted stick and it would stay straight up when the wheel was straight.

After I hook up I plug that in and we can see it moving back and forth as we drive. When you make some quick S turns it's nice to know the wheel centered.

I'll add a picture later when the sun is up.

As for using the battery from a Milwaukee drill it is very easy. You just get two spade crimp connectors and put them on a red and black wire pair. Mark the positive side of your battery with permanent marker and you are good to go. If you want to be safe add a fuse to the positive side.

Tags
toad