Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Towing, Hitching and Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-20-2024, 07:19 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Interesting experience today. We have a 4700# Bronco. Towed it for 20K miles over two years now - all over the US and Canada. I reckon we've been over 5K feet elevation for at least a couple of months now - often over 7K - since Ruidoso.
I have rarely driven the coach without the Bronco so don't really know any other way from a performance standpoint. The coach has handled everything we've thrown at it really well. Mountains are just a long and patient process.
I drove it without the Bronco at 7.6K feet leaving June Lake to 395 - there was no room to hook up in the campground.
The rig was a friggin hot rod! Not really, but what a difference.
I know it's being Captain Obvious, but I was so surprised about the performance difference. Being over 7K' probably made the difference more obvious.
So, my unsolicited advice us get what you want. Can't imagine not having the Bronco.
If you just plan on cruising around the east coast and mid west...weight far less of an issue.
If you head west, you'll appreciate any weight you save.
An aside, the red, white, and blue Maverick logo on the tailgate is bad ass! Or is that the Ranger??
Have fun and safe travels!

Tags
toad