Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-23-2024, 02:30 AM   #1
M Falcon

1 jack won't retract completely

2004 Winnebago Sightseer 30B recently purchased so newbie figuring things out.

Left rear jack doesn't retract completely, it shows about 2 inches of the cylinder. Checked fluid level looks Ok, within spec. Ideas on where else to look? Manual so far doesn't show much. Went through the diagnostics but nothing really is checking all of the symptoms.

Scheduled for a trip within the week, no repair shops can get me in soon enough. Is it OK to take the trip? Just not use the leveling Jack's?
M Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2024, 02:32 AM   #2
M Falcon

Should also mention this is the Level Best leveling system. So no retracting springs, it seems to be an all hydraulic system.
M Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2024, 03:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Do not know if this will help in your situation or not. My jacks have the springs to retract so thats the difference. Anyway I have one jack that likes to take its time retracting. I have found that at least every other time of use I will spray a silicone slide lubricant on the downward shaft. It works for my jack, good luck
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2024, 06:45 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I don't know the Level Best at all but some thoughts may point the right way?
When jacks system go up or down and don't use the springs, there is likely to be solenoids to open/close to control the fluid that moves the jacks.
My thought might be that there is one solenoid that is somewhat clogged to not let full flow go through as it retracts, there fore closer than the others? Some guessing there!

That brings the question of what you get when it is not fully up. Do you have a "jacks down " alarm? HWH has a system where if all the fluid doesn't get back to the tank it leaves an alarm. Low fluid on that system looks like a jack problem, even when jacks are fully up.

Do you have a booklet for these jacks that might have good info? Perhaps searching online for manuals would be a good move for more detailed info?

I might not be worried about using the jacks on a trip but with info on hand to tell me what emergency move to use to retract one if it did stop moving while fully down!
Perhaps knowing where a specific valve to open might let me use the jacks with less worry. This is assuming the jack is high enough to use now??
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2024, 07:30 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Level Best is a Kwikee System which has since been bought out by Lippert. I would try running the jack down, clean the ram with soapy water, dry off, and spray with silicone spray. Then run it up and and down several times. If that doesn't clear it up, call Lippert. Hopefully you don't need parts, they are getting scarce for the Kwikee systems in some cases.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote