Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-08-2024, 12:16 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2005 Adventurer 35u Store-Sore Level Out slide issue

I have been parked in a level concrete lot for a little over a year with my living room slide in the extended position. Upon needing to do some resealing on the room I went to bring the slide in and after a few seconds I noticed that the slide was not returning in correctly.

The side of the slide closest to the drivers seat had moved about 5 inches inward while the farthest side had not moved at all. Noticing that the slide was coming in wrong I tried to return it into the extended position. At this point the slide would not go out.

I went under to pump and solenoids and used a 4th inch bit to relieve the pressure from the two solenoids that control the room, which took two times and some time between but did let the room back down to the fully extended position.

Rear bedroom slide works fine along with the leveling jacks. Slide is currently sealed in outward position. Battery power is fine. As I cannot retract the slide uncertain if low on fluid as I know that that could be an issue. I am unsure if there is a way to test the shuttle valve without a psi gauge or if that could cause this sort of issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

For further information there appears to be nothing damaged on either slide out ram, nor an leak. The slide has had an issue that I was intending to have addressed where the front sags .5 inches in closed position but has always operated fine. Nylon slides in ram mechanism look good also.

Not sure if I should give it another shoot at coming in since I have straightened it because I have not identified the cause.

Thanks.
Joe.phil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent, slide, adventurer