Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-04-2024, 09:31 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2005 Voyage leveling system diagnosis help needed

Hello Everyone,
I'm new to the Winnebago world and I'm sure it's not very unusual that I have a few questions. We just purchased a 2005 Voyage. Took her on her maiden voyage and she did great. Had a couple issues, one of the leveling jacks had started to work it's way down, noticed that someone had put a cable on it to hold it up(didn't know about this before purchase). Made it home fine and decided I would dig a little deeper. I'm kinda lost as to where to start to fix the leveling system, I get no power to the control panel which is a Kwikee brand. I did get the jack raised and better secured and now when I try and start her I get a loud sustained alarm followed by 20 short alarms And no Crank. Can anyone give me a place to start trying to identify the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Roaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2024, 10:01 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

We can begin to throw some light and the first might be to point out some info that needs to go on most posts. All RV are different, even a couple yars apart or some there is a difference in early ear model and late year builds!
So to get the best and quickest response, we need to have the year make , model and floorplan in most case. That is the way the info in filed and we need to go in that order to pull up things like wiring!
We might do some "guessing" on the jacks but to get real quality info, you may need to dig deeper on not only the brand kwikee, but what modeal as they change things over the years! You ay have a small basic booklet on the jacks in an info pack?
If not finding a label on the jack system and an online search may be needed to get the best troubleshooting info.
First thought on a jack that sneaks down is that you may have a solenoid in the hydraulic system that is letting pressure slip past.

For looking for info, it pays to remember that the RV isnot like a car and one builder like Ford or Chevy built the whole thing. It is more collection of parts built by different people and finally put together by Winnebago. Like you house? The builder knows about the stick s and bricks things but if the frig needs fixed, he may know nothing!

When looking for info, there is the chassis that a normal truck might have. Then there is the RV part the Wnnebago added and some of that is stuff they buy from other builders! When we want to know about the turck we need to go to the truck builder in many case. When we want to know how the aplliances are wired and work, we may need to go to Winnebago or we may also need to go the the folks who built the stove?

The jacks can get tough to sort because the Winn. info and jack info may have to come from two different directions and we have to figure where and how they meet!
Alarms and no crank? The kwikee info is needed to sort the alrms but the no crank would likely be a safety item that won't let you drive off if the system think a jack is down!
A check of the fluid is one that helps to clear a number of odd things, so I would go there almost automatically as an easy first step!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2024, 05:38 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

The Kwlkee leveling system is now owned by Lippert Industries. You'll find the Kiwikee service manual on their wsbsite by drilling down from the main page.
This is in addition to what Lippert has::
https://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.c...N03-KSG002.pdf
https://ww2-secure.justanswer.com/up...t_levelers.pdf
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/mi...t_levelers.pdf
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2024, 05:15 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hi, if the jack is slowly going down, I would suspect a leaking seal or perhaps air in the lines. A check of the fluid level would be a start. The alarm and start lockout are safety features to prevent driving with the jacks down. There should be a way to disconnect it temporarily. Problems with hydraulics are best left to professionals. Leaking fluids can be under extreme pressure and cause serious injury.
MDJDCarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags