Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-23-2024, 06:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2015 Navion 24G water flow issues

I bought our Navion used in 2016. Due to my wife's pain issues after spinal fusion, our rig sat unused in storage for the past two years. We had the usual antifreeze in the water system, but when I drained and flushed and filled the system, and turned on on the water heater 3 weeks ago, NO water came out of the hot side of kitchen sink faucet, although there was hot water in the bathroom. Cold water was available everywhere EXCEPT in the hose used to clean the toilet bowl. Any ideas on the cause and how to fix this? Thanks!
lefcoasdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 08:06 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Some questions to clear some possible confusion?
At the kitchen faucet, is that still the faucet with a combined single spout? When you don't get hot water, do you get cold at that faucet? That would move us away from a faucet strainer being plugged at that faucet! If no hot nor cold, check the strainer!
Click this snip for better view!

Idea is that if you are getting hot at other places, it has to be coming out of the top connection on the tank and to a tee. If the rest gets hot water, it is such a short distance up to the kitchen ( assuming they connected and not as drawn!) that a stopped up aerator seems a good chance?
We can say the grey bypass valve at the bottom of this picture is right to let water into the tank, so that is not left on bypass, so some other problem that has to be real close by the heater or faucet! (If looking at the right build date!)
Click image for larger version

Name:	kit faucet.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	189452

But for the stool, there is more line involved and one problem is there are several builds of this RV. To make sure we get the correct drawings, can you check the label near the driver's side for the date your RV was built?

But maybe a quick look at the valve on it to see if it might also be a simple clog with hard water deposits after storage?

But with the correct date, we can do more detailed looking at how it get there? No need to tear the stool out, etc. or any big time work until we do some more looking for an easier solution!
This is the online parts catalog with interactive parts drawings if you want to take a look:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
water