Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-23-2024, 09:00 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2022 Adventurer 35f Onan QG5500 generator

I'm getting a low oil pressure error code on my genset. If the v8 is running, the Onan starts but shuts down and shows the low oil pressure error. It has very low hours, full oil and has been started and tested regularly until August when our world was upended.
Also getting the dreaded 36 error code.

I've checked everything I can visually.

Preparing to head south from Pa on the 29th for the winter and like to boondock on the way down.
Internet searches haven't helped, a search here didn't address this issue so far.
I'm hoping someone can help.
Old 10-23-2024, 09:53 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

If you are mechanically-inclined, you can download the service manual for your genset here: https://www.smokstak.com/forum/threa...l-links.85628/
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2024, 10:20 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

First thought?
Maybe an oil filter change to help?
Some new ones can come out with gunk in them that looks good until the gunk gets to the wrong place?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2024, 02:10 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Update on the Onan error codes:
Ray, thanks for the service manual link. It'll come in handy.
Rich, I did visual inspection and all looked OK. New oil and filter and started but got the same error codes.
Found a procedure to reset the codes. I'm having trouble with the link, so here's the procedure that worked for me:

Turn off the breakers on the generator
On the generator push STOP twice rapidly, followed by one rapid push to START. Do not start the generator.
Hold,down Stop/Prime and it should show a steady red light. If not, repeat the procedure.
If there is the steady red light on Stop/Prime, start as usual. Once it's up and running, turn on the breakers.

The procedure worked. Genny started and I let it run for 5 minutes or so and turned on the breakers. Turned on the a/c to load it up and let it run. All good, no error codes!
Old 10-24-2024, 04:14 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

ARGH!
What we don't know can kill us!
I am certainly glad I am no longer in the military and seeing things get more and more automatic or program operated!
I take my car to have a recall change made and they download it but have no idea what to expect. They told me it would be in the owners manual!
Right! The owners manual from two years ago will have the change you made today? I didn't even bother with that idea!
Just glad it did not involve firing my weapon at anything important coming at me!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, generator, onan, vent