Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-01-2024, 07:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Back-up Camera Stopped Working 2016 View 24D

We have a 2016 Winnie View 24D. All of a sudden our back up camera stopped working and the screen reads “no connection”. What to do?
Catskillgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2024, 08:08 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

This is a tough one for me as I don't have the best tools to sort video problems. Most of us don't!
But there are some things which we can look at, with a whole range of problems getting to the right parts.
There is some info posted but we start with a conflict on what model you may have. There appears to be no 24D??? Possibly 24G?
I went with that idea as they may be near the same on this item. But be aware it may be wrong, if I'm looking at teh wrong RV!

The rear camera is one part we can often get to much easier, os perhaps a look there for any connection that might be loose?
Then it gets tough to get to the connections in the dash. There is a video switch that looks down and behind the radio? That seems a place to look for look connections!
Click this snip for better view.
Click image for larger version

Name:	rad1.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	189751
For the switch this shows location behind radio.
There are connections there to check. Several are plugs that have been known to come loose!

Name:	radio2.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	189752

this is the drawing schematic for this section that shows the wiring in a different form.
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ire_187480.pdf
Sheets 6 and 7 seem to be the important ones but there are options involved that depend on what equipment was ordered on your specific RV, so some looking at what you have to find what drawing matches will be needed!

Best of luck as it is a tough one to get under the dash and really get a look at what migh have gone wrong!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2024, 08:12 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Back up camera

Sorry. My bad. We have. 2016 Winnie view 24 V
Hope that helps.
Old 09-01-2024, 09:15 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

No big thing!
I figure if we are not making a few mistakes, we likely are a PAIN to everybody around us! So I try to make a few!

On this point it seems to show very much the same but on this RV floorplan there was a change on the radio part number, but not likely you need to change the radio, so no big thing to worry the issue.

If you reach a point in time when you need to know if you are early or late build, the 7th digit of the Winnebago serial number (NOT VIN!) will be 1 for early, 2 for late build!
There should be a label next to the driver's left with that info.
Not often critical but can be if dealing with some things like plumbing?
Getting the pictures from this "parts catalog:
https://catalog.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
It can be handy to look for all those things they hid under the floor and cabinets!

On this, they seem to have the video switch standing up and slightly higher as the only difference I spot.

Name:	rad4.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	247.9 KB
ID:	189753
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2024, 01:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thank you. This was very helpful.

Tags
camera, view