Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-24-2024, 08:57 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Finding replacement door 1998 Itasca Sunrise

Hi all -

Had a large furry creature decide to make a cat door in the door of our 1998 Itasca Sunrise...

I've emailed a few RV parts places with no luck - I'm guessing the doors for all Winnebago's around 1998 had the same door?

Its part # 115108-02-xxx (xxx is color code - can take any color) - which doesn't have much search results..

Anyone know if other Winnie models would share the same door, and any idea where I could source a user/new door?

thanks,
Mike
mj88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2024, 09:24 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

One way to go is the salvage Rv market. I did a quick check of several RV from that era and found what appears to be the same door. But whether that is true of lots of RV or if I just happened to pick some at random and they happened to fit is still a big question.

One way to get lots more reliable info would be to go through the parts listing here:
https://catalog.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
It will take some time to sort but if you go to the "window and door" section, you can then chase as many different models as you want with a better idea of it being correct info!
Note that the parts catalog changed with the 2010 model year and is now an interactive system but with much the same info but enhanced for better use.

As an alternate to salvage yards, I see quite a number of older RV listed free on the local Craigslist. You might get lucky there?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Richard. No luck on salvage places - googled and found a few, but no luck with anyone w/ the door.

Winnebagoparts.com can get one made for 3,355.71. Which is probably 1/3rd the RV's value....

It does look like all the larger class-A's of the time used the same door - so I think i'll just keep emailing salvage places and see.
mj88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:44 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I have NOT tried it, so be alert for mistakes?
when using car salvage, it used to be common for checking one dealer and they could then put out word on some sort of net of the long past age. they could list what they were looking for and other dealers could respond if they had it?
Seems logical that with the internet, etc. there might be a dealer setup to do that with RV parts?

Maybe worth a call to one of the bigger ones across the country to ask if that is possible?

But on the other hand and if I were looking at that price and that older RV, I might look at alternate! Like you mention, is it a good idea to spent a 1/3 of the total for a repair, if maybe some of the other parts are showing a bit of wear.

How big and bad and where that "door" sho0wed is a question but what about hiding it?
Some of my first RV were pretty close to total wrecks but a bit of thinking and accepting them as never going to be new, let me hide some pretty big defects!
A tree limb through the roof and patched was fine for a group of fishing guys!

Any chance of a bit of roof flashing, pop rivets, and caulk might make it work? A nice decal with something pretty to make it look like you planned the whole thing?
Sheet plastic of some sort, contact cement to place? Maybe a flat trim at top to hide the raw edge? Make something like a shower wall surround uses?
Maybe less trouble to "invent" than find a door?

For a discount of several thousand dollars, my wife and I will accept a few nicks!
If she wanted perfect, I would have been traded in years ago!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

RV parts and salvage yards by state:
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:19 AM   #6
Site Team

Finding a replacement door for a 1998 Itasca Sunrise is not very likely (as in don’t waste your time). Could you find one? If you do go buy a bunch of lottery tickets because you are extraordinarily, supremely lucky.

Your best bet is repairing your damaged door. Would other doors fit? Maybe but unlike windshield wipers, and oil filters there’s not a list of what other doors could work.

If we knew what door (entry door or compartment door) it would help and a photo would be worth a thousand words.

Tags
replacement, door, replace, itasca, ace