Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-30-2024, 09:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Heat from floor vents? 2006 Adventurer 33V

We have a used 06 adventure 33v and as we travel this summer there is heat coming in thru th floor vents and AC can not keep up. Any suggestion on how to solve the hot air coming thru the floor vents as we travel. We have just purchased the unit and made one trip in it. Thanks for your in put
Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 02:16 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

The way I have delt with floor vents, not for heat but for dirt. On one unit i removed the vent cover, cut styrofoam to fit tight then used duck tape to secure so as not to fall into duct work. On other unit I just used duck tape to cover the floor vent itself. Again I was only concerned about dirt. The methods I used are more of a permanent thing.

My current rig the AC is a heat pump also. I can not remember the last time I used propane furnace. If I would have to I would have to remove the tape from the vents.

You say "while traveling" does that mean your dash air can not keep up while in motion. Is that also when the heat comes from the floor vents. Why not run your generator and the coach AC while traveling that will help keep things cool.

Good Luck
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 06:35 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I got a message last night from a person that had the sale issue. We are new to the camper and did not know there is a switch oh the dash the can be used to help heat the Coach. It has a high and low with off being in middle and it was turned to low so heat from motor was coming into coach. Simple fix if you know about the switch. Thanks to all for your input.
Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 08:07 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

When we pick up a different RV, it should be required reading to get out the manuals for all the different parts and read up on things as they are different on each RV.
You have found just one small point. The problem is that we don't know what we don't know! If we don't know, we can cost ourself a bunch of money and grief, just because we don't know!

Killing the first set of batteries is almost a standard thing with new motorhome owners and it could often be prevented. We often find the right info but only AFTER we buy new batteries because we ruined the first set!

There should be an info case with the RV, but that good stuff is often ditched when people clear out the RV to sell!
As a start, if info is not on hand, this is the owenrs manual for lots of basic info on the RV part:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...Adventurer.pdf

It doesn't cover much of the chassis part as that is from the chassis builder, but knowing this set can save you a lot of trouble!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 10:03 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by be happy View Post
You say "while traveling" does that mean your dash air can not keep up while in motion. Is that also when the heat comes from the floor vents. Why not run your generator and the coach AC while traveling that will help keep things cool.
This made a world of difference for me.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2024, 06:20 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Great that you found the solution to the problem. We are in the process of buying (hopefully) a new-to-us 2010 Adventurer. We are complete newbies, so I'm sure we'll face many situations that experienced owners will be able to help. Liked the idea of closing vents when not in use. At home we use a magnetic flexible covering we cut to fit, not sure this will work here, but it seems easier than taping and Styrofoam. Good luck and have fun in you new MH.
imaginary1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent, heat, adventurer