Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-03-2022, 05:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Hydraulic Pump Leak - 2014 Vista 30T F53

Has anyone had this issue? Its not a bad leak (small amounts on the driveway) but I HATE leaks! Jacks and slides operate just fine. I checked the level and topped it off.

Hoping its a simple, tighten this, or that.

TIA
xjaywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 07:53 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I haven’t had a leak since we bought but from the “gunk” on mine and the surrounding hoses when we bought it I have speculated the original owner did and have kept an eye on it. (And gave it a good cleaning as that stuff is a dirt magnet once it gets on things)
Old 03-28-2022, 06:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Well I tightened all fittings and drain as best I could. Still leaking. Do I need a new pump? Was hoping for a simple fix.. Anyone?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pump Leak 1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	182370

Name:	Pump Leak 2.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	182371

Name:	Pump Leak 3.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	182372
Old 05-27-2022, 10:23 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

And now this leak has appeared.

Anyone know how to fix? Do I ned to replace the whole jack or?
Sorry photo got rotated.File must be too big. LOL

Name:	Jack w-fluid.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	182971
Old 05-27-2022, 10:30 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjaywalker View Post
Sorry photo got rotated.File must be too big. LOL

Attachment 182971
This has nothing to do with file size. It's all in how you hold your phone. Hold it horizontally when taking a photo. Make sure your "shutter button' is facing to the right. This will put your camera on the back of the phone at the top rather than at the bottom.

Alternatively, if you've already taken the photo in the wrong orientation then, view the photo on your phone and take a screen shot. Then use that photo in your upload on the forum.

There is hidden orientation info in your photos. If you take them "wrong" way they will upload wrong way.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Hold phone right.png
Views:	49
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	182972  
Old 05-27-2022, 10:59 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

The trouble with hydraulic leaks is that they are almost a constant! Things od get loose and make the leak worse but there are leaks on lots of hydraulic, just do to the extreme pressures involved.It takes lots of pressure to lift an RV----or run a backhoe bucket, etc.

So one of the nagging things is seeing the grime but fixing it can get down to how much one wants to spend in time, effort and money when it is a very common thing.

I don't like the look either but have settled for watching and trying to keep the buildup down enough to spot anything that is getting serious. Part of the reason it looks so bad is us driving around where even a tiny amount of fluid is then spread by the wind all over places where there can't be a leak and we add a lot of dust to make it look worse!

My thinking goes along the lines of not turning an ugly look into a major problem!
In the first and second picture, there look like a fitting that might need snugging down just a bit to see if it would stop the ooze but then it also pays not to get too strong and strip something made out of aluminum, etc. that then becomes a major crisis.

The jack, I would clean the pad off and watch how much collects again.

Are you in the group which can relate things to your heart? I tend to watch my blood pressure and try to keep it moderate but I also want to put off any major failures that require far more trouble!

I kind of treat the hydraulics the same way!! I don't want to change out the valves, so I try to just get along with the minor leaks..
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 11:30 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
The trouble with hydraulic leaks is that they are almost a constant! Things od get loose and make the leak worse but there are leaks on lots of hydraulic, just do to the extreme pressures involved.It takes lots of pressure to lift an RV----or run a backhoe bucket, etc.

So one of the nagging things is seeing the grime but fixing it can get down to how much one wants to spend in time, effort and money when it is a very common thing.

I don't like the look either but have settled for watching and trying to keep the buildup down enough to spot anything that is getting serious. Part of the reason it looks so bad is us driving around where even a tiny amount of fluid is then spread by the wind all over places where there can't be a leak and we add a lot of dust to make it look worse!

My thinking goes along the lines of not turning an ugly look into a major problem!
In the first and second picture, there look like a fitting that might need snugging down just a bit to see if it would stop the ooze but then it also pays not to get too strong and strip something made out of aluminum, etc. that then becomes a major crisis.

The jack, I would clean the pad off and watch how much collects again.

Are you in the group which can relate things to your heart? I tend to watch my blood pressure and try to keep it moderate but I also want to put off any major failures that require far more trouble!

I kind of treat the hydraulics the same way!! I don't want to change out the valves, so I try to just get along with the minor leaks..
I have had the pleasure of operating a tractor and blowing a hydraulic line and pump trying to hard to remove a mesquite tree. LOL Lesson learned.

We bought this rig used last year and have put about 3K miles on her before noticing the leak at the pump. I have been watching it and adding fluid (Mercon) when needed. '

We are getting ready for a long trip, so I had the jacks down while we put the slides out for packing. And noticed a water leak at the income water inlet. Then the handle (plastic) broke on the drain valve. While working on that I noticed the fluid on the jack pad. It doesn't seem to be bad. I just really hate oil leaks of any kind, and always want to be proactive on these things so I don't have to fix them on the road. I guess worse case senerio is, I could always manually extract the jack should it completely fail.
Old 05-27-2022, 11:46 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Larry, I had a leak at the fitting where the hose connects to the jack that dripped down on the jack pad. Luckily I just tightened it and stopped the leak. You might get lucky if that is happening to you. Otherwise, the seals on the jack cylinder itself may be leaking. Some cylinders can be easily rebuilt by a good hydraulic shop with new seals others cannot. It just depends on the specific jack installed on your RV. Of course, you have to remove the entire jack from the coach. What brand, model number, and part number of jacks do you have?
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 11:54 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones2003 View Post
Larry, I had a leak at the fitting where the hose connects to the jack that dripped down on the jack pad. Luckily I just tightened it and stopped the leak. You might get lucky if that is happening to you. Otherwise, the seals on the jack cylinder itself may be leaking. Some cylinders can be easily rebuilt by a good hydraulic shop with new seals others cannot. It just depends on the specific jack installed on your RV. Of course, you have to remove the entire jack from the coach. What brand, model number, and part number of jacks do you have?
I checked the fitting at the top of the jack and its not leaking and appears to be a small leak from the cylinder. The coach has been on the jacks for about a week as we are getting it loaded for a trip.

This is a Lippert Level Up system. They had a part number for the pump = 332730-01-000 but not for the jack (weird)
Old 05-27-2022, 02:31 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

I don't know anything about a Lippert Level Up system. I do have a few resources for the HWH Systems, now owned by Lippert.

Parts are going to be your biggest issue, I know Cylinders from HWH are a very long lead item, and would anticipate yours being a long lead item as well.
Old 05-27-2022, 04:14 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Almost everything has a lot of drama involved in getting parts. We just let the whole thing go in the ditch when we ignored the virus for so long and now there are just not enough folks in the right places to get things moving again. More people are quitting than going to work, it seems.
I stopped doing my regular thing and have just been spending time building irrigation systems and even something as simple as that is a trek to get parts. I go to Home Depot as a simple solution but when I order, things dribble in really slow.

My last order for about 25 parts came from the local store, a store in the East somewhere and the last three items were shipped free from Orlando, Fl! Home Depot is not making money on that order!

But if the rest of the world is moving in the same direction as my family, things are not getting better any time soon as several of my group have just thrown up their hands and stopped! Starting a trade war with China was NOT a good idea and now that they are sliding back into QT, it is going to be a long time before we get the stuff we want!

I quess we could say we are lucky that it is only RV stuff we are needing.One of the main guys at a heart stent company hung it up last week and the folks needing those sometimes don't have lots of options!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 07:52 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Larry, here is a link to the Lippert Level Up manuals. You have to pick the right one for your model but the one I looked at showed the part number for the jacks.

https://support.lci1.com/motorized-br-level-up
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 11:34 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Almost everything has a lot of drama involved in getting parts. We just let the whole thing go in the ditch when we ignored the virus for so long and now there are just not enough folks in the right places to get things moving again. More people are quitting than going to work, it seems.
I stopped doing my regular thing and have just been spending time building irrigation systems and even something as simple as that is a trek to get parts. I go to Home Depot as a simple solution but when I order, things dribble in really slow.

My last order for about 25 parts came from the local store, a store in the East somewhere and the last three items were shipped free from Orlando, Fl! Home Depot is not making money on that order!

But if the rest of the world is moving in the same direction as my family, things are not getting better any time soon as several of my group have just thrown up their hands and stopped! Starting a trade war with China was NOT a good idea and now that they are sliding back into QT, it is going to be a long time before we get the stuff we want!

I quess we could say we are lucky that it is only RV stuff we are needing.One of the main guys at a heart stent company hung it up last week and the folks needing those sometimes don't have lots of options!
Agree! eTrailer says on their site they have the Jack. If I need it. $599. Need to verify THAT is the problem and always call first.
Old 05-28-2022, 11:35 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones2003 View Post
Larry, here is a link to the Lippert Level Up manuals. You have to pick the right one for your model but the one I looked at showed the part number for the jacks.

https://support.lci1.com/motorized-br-level-up
Thank you, I will check it out.

Tags
f53, hydraulic, leak