Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-05-2024, 09:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Where's the Hydraulic Reservoir 2014 Vista 35F

Where will I find the Hydraulic Reservoir on 2014 Vista 35F. The jacks seem to slip a little after a day or two. I don't see a leak around the jacks but want to check the reservoir fill and also check for leaks
k9jkfham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2024, 10:22 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Underneath and what would be behind and under the driver?
Near left front jack?

I might suggest looking at the manual for correct level as sometimes it is not always clear. Some have a dipstick with marks some do not!
There may be a panel to open but this drawing doesn't give the body details.
Click image for larger version

Name:	reser.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	189532
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2024, 05:13 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks

Found it. It does have panel to remove
k9jkfham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2024, 09:24 AM   #4
Site Team

Your 2014 Vista has LCI Electronic Jacks. You'll find details in section 10-6 thru 10-8 of your Operator's Manual.

If your jacks are slipping a little then it's not your fluid level. It's likely a tiny leak in your jacks - or maybe it's normal??? I don't know if it's all that unusual. My jacks usually settle a few millimeters after a day or two and have done so since the RV was new.

Sometimes when we are setup and the temperature cools overnight the jacks will shudder or drop with a small bang sometimes. This is caused by the changing temp. The first time it will scare you to death but you'll learn what it is soon enough. It's caused by "stiction" and they do make a fluid that reduces this but you have to remove all the old fluid and add the new. So, we haven't done it.

You should only add fluid when the jacks are fully retracted. And, when they are and you inspect the reservoir the fluid should be up near the very top of the tank... about 1/4" or so below the top.

You'll know when the fluid level is low... the jacks down alarm will go off with every turn or upon braking.

Do not ever add fluid when the jacks are deployed. Because when you retract the jacks it will force fluid out of the reservoir and on to everything.

A good practice is to extend the jacks, wipe down the exposed cylinders with a WD-40 rag.

Also, each jack has a grease zerk at the top portion of the jack. I make sure that my service shop greases those jacks with every oil change.
Old 08-11-2024, 06:23 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

You may want to check and make sure the two hydraulic solenoid valves are fully closed.They are used to manually raise and lower the jacks.They are located on the pump assembly, in front of the resivor. Most likely are a5/32 Allen wrench.Turn to the left(counter clockwise) to fully close.My jacks will creep down on occasion, especially after driving on rough roads.Hope this helps.
Our ride is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic