Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-31-2023, 11:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Jack Sensor on 2002 Sighteer

Can someone tell me where to locate the Leveling Sensors and hydraulics for a leveling system on a 2002 - 30' Sightseer. Thank you
Bill VanNess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 01:39 PM   #2
Site Team

I can't answer exactly, perhaps someone will come along with first hand knowledge but here's the 3D Parts list for the 2002 Sightseer 30B. You'll find the Jacks diagram on page 46 of the 210 pages of the parts list.

You need to provide more info, as well. Do you have a Ford or Workhorse chassis?

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...GO/2wfd30b.pdf

On 20-year old systems I don't know if they work like newer systems but many of the newer systems do not have jack sensors at all. The just have a float switch in the hydraulic fluid reservoir. If the fluid is low the float switch assumes the jacks are down. For those types of systems retracting all the jacks and making sure the hydraulic fluid is completely full will allow the Jacks Down sensor to turn off.
Old 07-31-2023, 03:24 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

If your individual hyd. jacks have 2 wires connected to them, either the top or on the side; that is the jacks up sensor.
This will help you identify your model HWH leveling system: http://www.serenitysys.com/beaver/ar...ID_ml40256.pdf With the model number you can search for and download the service manual for your system.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 04:07 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Do you know where the pump and controls are located ?
Bill VanNess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 08:10 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill VanNess View Post
Do you know where the pump and controls are located ?
Follow the sound of an electric motor and pump running when someone else is leveling the coach or extending/retracting a slide.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 09:16 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

i have a 2002 winnebago sightseer on the work horse chassis and was told the sensor is built in and irreplaceable, and the jacks are sealed and cant be rebuilt. i had a hydraulic shop remove the front 2 jacks and i sent them to custom cylinders in lexington ky. to have the seals replaced they told me they never heard of a sensor going bad. my front passenger side jack was leaking off, i have the kwikee level best system on ours. hope this helps
Jimlinderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 09:36 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I tend to doubt it when folks tell me something is built in and irreplaceable!

It is rare to find something that is built and can't be "unbuilt" but there are lots of things which DIY will not have the tools to do the job! RV repair shops are very close to DIY when it comes to hydraulics!
That is why there is a need for pros who do the work routinely as they have the tools and experience!
Most of us can't repair a simple leak in a hydraulic hose but there are lots of places who can build a new one!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote