Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-31-2024, 08:06 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Leveling Jacks Problem 2014 Sunova 33C

I just purchased a 2014 Itasca sunova 33C
The Jacks worked when I purchased it but as soon as I got it home the controller quit.
I spoke with Lippert and Winnebago and they cannot tell me where the breakers are for the jacks and the ignition control wiring.
I was hopping some one might have some help for me.

Thanks

Bruce
Brucedailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 10:42 AM   #2
Site Team

Greetings Bruce,
When looking at page 6-11 of your Owner's Manual, it shows that the 12 VDC breaker panel is behind a cabinet door somewhere. Is that a possibility?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 07-31-2024, 04:22 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Stupid questions time...

Does the leveling control panel say, LCI Electronics Leveling? (I have a 2014 Itasca Sunstar with this leveling system.)

When you try to level, is the ignition on and the engine running? Transmission in Park?

Is the control panel On via the On/Off button?

Is the parking brake set?
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2024, 06:38 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

I know that panel and there is no fuse for the Jacks.
I also checked the engine running the park break on Jack control will not turn on.
All good suggestions but winner.
Bruce
Brucedailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2024, 09:12 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I am not familiar with the Lippert but on HWH there are fuses on the motor /pump assembly. Part of the reason Winnebago may not know is that the jacks are often run off the chassis power, rathe rthan the coach and where that power comes from may not be in the Winnebago field!
When searching for fuses, I suggest looking, not in the box with coach fuses but look for a chassis fuse groupd, often out under the "hood"!

But looking at the limited info we get in the drawings for this chassis group, I see a couple hints that mayhelp locate the problem.
Click these snips for best view or go direct to the drawings here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ire_180334.pdf
Click image for larger version

Name:	33c 2.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	189514
This first drawing snip indicates wiring for the jacks comes to this panel on the side. There is no label for the jacks here, but there is a fuse which is indicated to feed to/from a chassis front panel.
Click image for larger version

Name:	33C.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	189515
Some guessing involved as different RV do things so different but this says to me that the jacking may come to this fuse which is then connected to another front panel!
Sounds like a check of this fuse as well as finding the front chassis panel is needed. But Winnebago does little to give info on the chassis side of things as that is for the chassis builders!
If not finding it in a good look around, it may need a look at the chassis builder's info? Do you have the chassis booklet for info on fuses for the chassis part? Or perhaps you know where that group is located? There may be labels inside a lid if not other?

Do you have the smaller booklet in the big bag of info that should pass to each new owner?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2024, 11:56 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

There is a large ANL Fuse (125 amp if I recall) located on one side of the Coach-Chassis Contactor that feeds the LCI Leveling system power unit and it's power solenoid.

That contactor and fuse are behind the circuit breaker panel in the power control box.

There is also a Run Only power source that cables to the LCI wiring harness that comes from a Ford F53 OEM Fuse, I have never had any issue with my LCI levelers so have never had to figure out which one. If you get display on the touch pad when you put the ignition in RUN then that fuse is good.

I don't believe that any other Winnebago fuses or circuit breakers are involved in the LCI leveling system other than that big fuse that is provided by Winnebago feeding the power unit.

You can put a volt meter on the power unit and check to see if the big fuse is good before going to the major effort to open up the power control box and checking the physical fuse that is behind the circuit breaker panel as part of the Battery Isolation contactor / controller assembly.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2024, 01:09 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

The control panels for Lippert can be EXTREMELY touchy. A wide finger press may not work.

Use a blunt pen tip (maybe the cap of a bic pen) to press in the EXACT center of the button.

I saved hundreds $$ on a new control panel with this idea.

It may not be your problem, but worth a try.

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks