Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-15-2024, 06:05 PM   #1
Living The Dream

Proflex RV or Manus Bond? 2018 View 24D

Looks as though I need to reseal some of the joints on the vertical sections of the outside of my motorhome. Maybe some on the roof, too, haven’t looked yet. Some of the factory caulk has dried up and cracked.

I’m looking for some objective advice on which product to use … ProFlex RV or Manus Bond 75AM? Or maybe something even better?

Appreciate your help. Thanks
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2024, 06:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Winnebago provides all your sealant info here: https://winnebago.com/Files/Files/Wi...am/Sealant.htm
Old 09-15-2024, 07:38 PM   #3
Living The Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
Winnebago provides all your sealant info here: https://winnebago.com/Files/Files/Wi...am/Sealant.htm
All the sealant but not all the joints! The ones that need sealed on my View didn't make the handy drawing.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2024, 09:35 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I would call WBGO to get the exact part number unless you have an issue not stated in your post. You can then check with Dealers on pricing or try to find out what is the common name to buy the same product from other sources. I buy a tube of Manus Bond off Amazon every year. Thus far I have managed to use it for everything I need except where silicone was required. I just buy a good silicone at Home Depot with no worries.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3/Tire Patrol; Roadmaster Nighthawk; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; 300ah Lithium; Orion XS; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2024, 10:54 PM   #5
Site Team

I keep hearing that ProFlex doesn’t last very long. I used Manus Bond on a roof radius cap joint 4 years ago and it’s held up very well.

Manus was kind of messy to work with but I trust it.

I’ll have to completely redo the roof joint at the entire drip rail in the next year and I’m leaning toward Manus Bond. But I plan to get some of the Winnebago recommended “Henry’s Roof and Gutter” sealant to test, as well.

I know Sikaflex is great on boats but it’s pretty costly.

Tags
view