Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-12-2023, 08:27 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

roof sealant 2016 Sunstar 26HE

I have a Winnie Sunstar (2016 I think) for about 3 years. When I purchased it I had the dealer reseal the roof and it cost $$. Past time to do it again and they want $$$$$. Gotta be a DYI and I am feeling overwhelmed.

Step one is the roof seam, labeled C or E on Diagram.

I looked at the quote and purchased dicor because that was the materials on the quote. Reading this forum and looking at AZ expert videos, I purchased some pro-flex. I then found the sealant call out sheets. Now I see alot of people saying Manus Bond. I plan on getting a bunch of Sealant B, D and E just to be safe, but would like to use some of what I have.

I'm only doing the seam first. Would y'all use one of the sealant I have and if so which one? What ever I use I plan on using it where it says sealant C or E.

I have no idea why the callout sheet is upside down.

C is 185987-03-CHT
E is 094401-04-000
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sealants.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	187274  
Attached Images

GaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 08:56 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Definitely don't use Dicor. Whoever gave you the quote knows nothing about Winnebago roof seams. Dicor has very little adhesive strength and is totally inappropriate. Despite AZ Expert's recommendations, I've read where some owners have had issues with Proflex but it does seem to be less obtrusive on MHs with full paint:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...nt-363971.html

Here's AZ Expert's take on Dicor:

https://youtu.be/14XxkXlMGDA?si=74PwfeagUORIrn2M

My understanding is that Manus Bond 75AM is the same as Winnebago's recommended sealant. In any case, I've used it without any problems. Note that it, and most sealants have a shelf life so don't more than you need.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 09:06 AM   #3
Site Team

Hi Gary,
I just added the year & model to your thread title, to help clearly identify your sealant requirements.
I reviewed your callouts, and I do not know why it is shown upside-down. I do see it right-side-up on the source web site:
I have always chickened-out and just went to my local Winnebago Dealer and bought the stuff with the Winnebago Part # on them.
Thanks, Eagle5.
Old 09-12-2023, 10:13 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Here's a link from Lictsinn RV concerning Winnebago roofs that mentions Manus Bond:

https://www.lichtsinn.com/webcast-ar...maintenance-rv
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 05:50 PM   #5
ACB
Winnebago Owner

Sealants are such a big topic. I’ve used the Proflex on my Vista 29V without issue. As someone else mentioned DO NOT use Dicor. It works well on other roofs but not in conjunction with the sealants Winnebago uses. I just came back from the Winnebago factory. They are now using Henry’s all purpose clear sealant 212 on side and roof seals. Not as a self leveling sealant.

But I live in Arizona and have seen some of AZ Experts work. His sealant recommendations appear sound in my opinion.

But that’s my opinion

Good luck
ACB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 06:39 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I've been using Pro Flex on mine. No issues.
Old 09-28-2023, 11:20 AM   #7
Site Team

The factory uses Henry's Roof and Gutter sealant, but that's not available in the US. I guess they are close enough to the Canadian boarder that that's what they import.

The US equivilent is Hengs 311 or NuFlex 311 - both seem to suddenly not be available on Amazon after being there for years. Now, I find it only at campingworld.com. ProFlex is also commonly suggested and used.

I've used Manus-Bond 75-AM but it was difficult to use and non-self leveling. The difficult part was it was super sticky and seemed to magically get on everything within a 10' radius of the area I was working in.

Here's a link to the Camping World listing of NuFlex 311:

https://www.campingworld.com/heng%27...ite-52125.html

PS. I agree DO NOT USE DICOR. Some are using Sikaflex which is a great brand and very popular for boating. But they come in dozens of "flavors" and I'm not sure which one is appropriate.
Old 09-28-2023, 11:36 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
PS. I agree DO NOT USE DICOR. Some are using Sikaflex which is a great brand and very popular for boating. But they come in dozens of "flavors" and I'm not sure which one is appropriate.
I've used Sikaflex before too. I agree it's really hard to keep track of which products are usable. I watch AZ Expert some too and have settled on ProFlex.

Still debating about slapping some Eternabond on it and calling it done for good. Lots of pro and con on that too.
Old 09-28-2023, 11:37 AM   #9
Site Team

I found this YouTube video that might help:

Old 09-28-2023, 01:18 PM   #10
ACB
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
The factory uses Henry's Roof and Gutter sealant, but that's not available in the US. I guess they are close enough to the Canadian boarder that that's what they import.

The US equivilent is Hengs 311 or NuFlex 311 - both seem to suddenly not be available on Amazon after being there for years. Now, I find it only at campingworld.com. ProFlex is also commonly suggested and used.

I've used Manus-Bond 75-AM but it was difficult to use and non-self leveling. The difficult part was it was super sticky and seemed to magically get on everything within a 10' radius of the area I was working in.

Here's a link to the Camping World listing of NuFlex 311:

https://www.campingworld.com/heng%27...ite-52125.html

When I was at Winnebago this month they showed me the Henry’s 212. I actually did find that at my local Home Depot in Arizona. I have also used the Hengs and keep some on hand. Good stuff too.
ACB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 08:04 AM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

I decided to play it safe and contacted Litchtsinn. They sent NuFlexx 311 and Henry sealant
GaryL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof, seal