Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-17-2024, 03:32 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Screen door privacy shade on 2015 Vista 27N

Has anyone tried to adjust the pull down privacy shade on the screen door? Mine was not retracting at all so I took it off and sprayed some silicon lube on the ends of the roller, but that's all I can get to. It goes back up now but still not working great. Supposedly there are adjustment screws on one end for travel and speed, but I don't know how to access them. Both ends have a plastic cover that looks like it should come off, but I don't want to break one while trying. Also if I get the covers off I might be able to lube it a little better.

This is the shade I'm referring to, which I think is pretty universal across lines and models.
Old 08-18-2024, 01:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Ours started doing the same. I wasn’t able to adjust mine.

Hopefully you have better luck then I did, but If you can’t fix. Lichtsinn RV has them, it’s a 10 min job to swap out

Sorry I wasn’t more help, but wanted to at least give you a plan B!
Blastvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2024, 02:30 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Thanks Blastvalve, do you remember what you paid from Lichtsinn? The one I posted is 80 bucks but I'd go with Lichtsinn instead if they're comparable. I'll give them a call tomorrow, David's always been really helpful and last time I called he recognized my voice lmao.

Mine is working Ok for now, it retracts but doesn't want to go all the way up, it's probably reached about the end of its useful life.
Old 08-18-2024, 03:35 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I had the same issue with the shade on my 2015 27N starting around 2019, and was able to get it to operate freely.

It has been fine ever since. I wish I could remember exactly what steps I did to resolve it but I know generous amounts of spray lube were definitely involved! I think with it off the door I lubed it in a vertical position on my workbench over rags so I could work more lube into the ends without making a mess, and was able to get whatever was not moving freely freed up.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2024, 03:44 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Thanks Randy, that's exactly what I did with the lube. I'll work it up and down some more and maybe repeat the lube. I used the same silicone Blaster that I use on the steps and jacks, maybe I just need to work it in some more. I just wasn't sure if I needed to remove the end caps to work on it or not, or how to do that without ruining them.
Old 09-01-2024, 05:54 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Just take it down off the screen door - 4 screws - and wind it up a little tighter - just like any old-school roller shade.

Not too many more turns, you don't want it to slam up! Maybe 5 turns.

Tags
door, scr