Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-20-2024, 03:05 PM   #1
Ted & Lynne

Seat covers? 2017 Vista LX 27N

I love the soft leather that my seats are made of, but they seem to be getting stretched out a little and coming apart. not a complaint because they still look good. Was wondering if anyone has replaced just the leather or just put seat covers on. where would I order?
Old 06-20-2024, 06:18 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

When our 2015 Vista seats began to look a bit rough as the surface was peeling, we went with having them covered.
The seats are somewhat easy to unbolt from the stand they are mounted on and that let us take just the seat around to various shops to get estimates for replacement.

The seat looked like a difficult job when first looking but my wife has experience with doing custom draperies and such like pillow and it gets down to somewhat basic sewing if one has the heavy duty machine to deal with the thicker material.
So we opted for just a one man upholstery shop at a somewhat reasonable price. I did have to get underneath the seat on the floor to unbolt and disconnect the adjustment cables but overall it was not a terrible job.

Key point if taking them to a shop? Be sure to take any little snaps or hooks off before as we nearly lost a small part in the trip! No point in creating any more havoc than needed! There was a small "link" on one cable that nearly got lost!
While kicking myself for losing it, I found it about 6 feet from the RV, just hiding in the grass!
I think I spent more time wondering where and how to get a new one than doing the actual reinstall!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 07:39 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

The passenger seat cover on ours started peeling going into year three. Winnebago sent me a set of seat covers as a goodwill warranty that I replaced myself. A few YouTube videos and a good pair of hog ring pliers and the job turned out good.

Problem is, that seat and the drivers seat are now both worn out again and need replaced. The old "fool me twice" mentality tells me to look elsewhere for covers. This company has covers that slip over the originals for what seems to be reasonable price. You can send them pictures if you are not sure what type of seats you need. It’s another line item on my to-do list, just hasn’t floated to the top yet.

https://rvseatcovers.com/product/rv-...rs-seat-covers
thompwil is offline   Reply With Quote