Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-22-2021, 04:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

slide out parts

OK, I have a 2012 Navion 24M. This is the second time I have lost the Power Control. Made by Power Gear part number 1510000198. Last time about 2 years ago it was a tad over $200. Now, It or Lippert replacement can not be found. Their part number 38198. And, they have kicked up the price to $600 plus, depending where you look for the part. My Winnebago dealer can not get it for me nor can I find one available on line. So, am i do take this as, a $60,000 RV with a non working slide or just set fire to it. I know there must be a solution but it sure does not look like a win win solution. Anyone with a Good suggestion? Thanks folks. By the way, I changed my name to frustration.
BudnAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 05:35 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

First, has it been diagnosed by a qualified technician or are you assuming it's you've "lost" it based on prior experience? It could be something simple like an internal fuse (there are at least two from the photo in this service manual:

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws..._rev_oc_lr.pdf

Is it possible that the control isn't broken but needs some attention? The above service manual has troubleshooting info.

It's also possible that something repairable has failed, a loose wire, bad solder joint, failed component, etc. It could even be a bad switch. One of the most common electronic parts to fail are electrolytic capacitors. These typically look like little metal cans and failed ones are either swollen or leaking. Do you have the old unit from the previous replacement? It could be a source for parts. No dealer or RV shop is going to attempt a repair, they're just going to pull and replace. You're going to need someone, professional or amateur who's experienced in electronic repairs.

How about one of the RV salvage yards?

I also notice that there is at least one eBay seller that sold one and sells similar parts. You might want to contact them.

https://www.ebay.com/p/1050130113
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 06:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for your input

I have had 2 techs working on it. Paid one $175 to tel me the control box is bad. He could not find one to replace it. Got home with the RV and have it in to a Winnebago dealer who has the same answer. Box is bad and cant find a new one. I have a letter into Winnebago asking them if the 2015 24M uses the same parts. If not, can I get what is used o 2015 and install on a 2012. Same exact models. See if they will get back to me on that question. One thing I can do is, research and I am 79 years old so I got all the time to bug them til I get answers, I HOPE
BudnAnn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts, slide, slide out