Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-18-2024, 09:00 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Slideout control box? 2018 Micro Minnie 2108DS

I have a 2018, 2108DS trailer. My slideout works fine but is making unwanted noises. My friend had a problem with his Grand Design slideout which was fixed by an adjustment in his "slidout control box". I have had my trailer for 4 years and never come across this. Do I have one? and if so, where is it??
KeithB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2024, 09:11 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

We get little help and drawings for the trailer group but on others, the control box is often mounted in some spot that is no good for any other use.
Places like on the bottom of the slide so you have to be on the ground looking up? On the top of a compartment near the slide but against the outer wall where you have to stick your head in and look back to the outside?
Looking at the placement on motorized, they seem to be close to the slide but in places hard to normally spot them.

Little help but maybe a pointer in the right direction for looking?
Best of luck in the search!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2024, 11:02 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Control box 2108DS

Hi. On my 24 2108DS its located at the front inside bottom right. There is a little panel. Open it and you will see it. Panel under dinette seat in slide facing center of trailer.
Andre
Ablais007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2024, 05:47 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablais007 View Post
Hi. On my 24 2108DS its located at the front inside bottom right. There is a little panel. Open it and you will see it. Panel under dinette seat in slide facing center of trailer.
Andre
... as described above at floor level.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slideout controller cabinet copy.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	189470  
Old 07-28-2024, 08:17 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithB View Post
I have a 2018, 2108DS trailer. My slideout works fine but is making unwanted noises. My friend had a problem with his Grand Design slideout which was fixed by an adjustment in his "slidout control box". I have had my trailer for 4 years and never come across this. Do I have one? and if so, where is it??
In reading again, I might think the problem is not likely in the controls but more likely in the mechanical parts.
Electrical CAN make noise but the gears seem to be more likely, in my view.

A look at the "gear strip" along the sides of the slide may tell you something? I would look for signs of the gears riding really heavy on one part of the gears in that strip. Do you see any signs that one edge or another is more worn than the other side. Top of the strip worn but the bottom part not showing wear?
If you are getting noise that might sound something like a crunching noise, it may be the gear is riding a litttle bit out of line and trying to set down on top of metal instead of the proper groove.

Being unsure of the experience level, I might mention a small point that is often missed.
When we run the slide out or in, it is recommended to let it run for a few seconds past when it appears to be fully done. The motors are built with slack in the gearing to allow for this overrun as a way to let the slower motor catch up with the fast one. That acts as a "reset" for getting them back closer to working at the same rate.
Holding the switch for a bit after the slide stops can help and it doesn't harm the motors as they are designed for it!

It may also be true that there is a problem with the alignment of the slide but I like to try the easy fix first when searching for answers!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
slideout, slide