Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old Today, 09:33 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Slideout Issue --- 2007 Itasca Suncruiser 38

So I have a 2007 Itasca Suncruiser 38T, purchased in 2022. When getting ready to take it out for the last hurrah for the season, I found the bedroom slideout extended just fine. But the living room slideout...not so much. I can hear the slideout motor running when I try to extend. I held down the Unlock switch for 7-10 seconds, retry and still no luck. I doubt it has anything to do with the battery, alternator, generator, etc. as one slideout works while the other does not.

Pulling out the voluminous manuals, I tried replacing a few associated fuses. Although I'm not sure if the slideout motor is running that would be the issue. I saw instructions as to manually retracting the slideout, but nothing to do with "unsticking" the slideout to extend it a bit. I did loosen both hydraulic solenoid nuts a few turns and then try to turn each of the two retaction bolts counterclockwise just a little bit to see if that would loosen things up. Still no luck.

I did notice the retraction bolt closest to the driver has some wiggle to it. The bolt isn't loose, but the whole assembly has some play to it. The retraciion bolt closest to the rear of the coach does not have that play to it.

Any other suggestions before I schedule a likely costly service appointment?
gregarican is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I did see this reference --> https://hwhcorp.com/ml23521.pdf. Around Page 6. Trying to dig into that, although this project might be over my head a bit.
Old Today, 10:52 AM   #3
Site Team

One consideration, it might be the slide lock. Those have been problematic. So if you can get up high enough to check it and see if it’s really unlocking. Only one of my slides has a lock and after reading too many stories of failing locks I actually quit using mine.

Of course it could be something else but you might want to look at that, as well.
Old Today, 11:00 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the tip! Now just have to figure out where on Earth the slideout lock is for the living room. Will start poking around to see. Appreciate it!
Old Today, 11:02 AM   #5
Site Team

Here’s a previous post on this topic that might help:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...tml#post472512

Tags
slideout, slide, itasca, suncruiser