Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-25-2024, 03:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Valance removal 2005 Winnebago Adventurer

I am having a very difficult time trying to remove a valance over the dinette area in my 2005 Winnebago Adventurer 33v. I have even called the Winnebago headquarters and still having difficulty. I have removed the day night shade and the two screws that go into the top cabinet area. I also removed the center clip that was supporting the day night shade. The Winnebago guy said the the valance should come down. It does not I have removed the side screw to valance on the sides on the L bracket. I can see no brackets can't feel any brackets on the top valance. I have removed the thin wood false floor into the floor of the cabinets and see no Indication of any screws going down to the valance. I am at a loss almost ready to get the saws all out. Is it possible that the valance is glued to the bottom the cabinet? I have tryied lightly prying but that didn't work. Is the window frame itself holding the valance in? Do the cabinets have to be removed to get the valance out. Help please. I need to get the valance out to replace the day night shade with something else. Thanks for any input.
okfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2024, 04:10 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I might mention that there can be lots of really weird things done to an RV as it gets more "experienced"!
Since you mention removing one clip that held the shade, I would have expected two, possibly three of those clips. Not possible you are missing a couple?

But then it is also possible somebody got carried away and did glue it in some fashion.
The way I look for this is by prying! If it is a fastener or two, there will almost always be some end or portion which will bow down as I pry.
If no part seems willing to bow down, I might jump to it being glued!

But there may be other things that have happened? What are the odds of somebody restoring the RV? Do you know much history on the RV?

Consider what it might have done if somebody changed the wall surface and covered el brackets that are screwed to the wall?
I've not found any really hard ones to get down but then somebody else may have been there before and never wanted the valance to come loose again!
Those might be a bear to solve!

Sorry. No real help there, just random thoughts!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2024, 05:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Well I thank you for your thoughts. I did manage to find 3 more screws from the valance to the top cabinet. They were very much buried in the fabric and sunk into the wood, I have removed 2 of them and working on the third. This has been a pain but I almost have them. To answer your question I have only had the MH a little over a year about a year and a half so searching for things is a challenge and I am not as young and agile as I once was. So thank you again I hope I don't have to do this again.
okfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2024, 06:39 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Oh, yeah!
The creaky old bones are a problem. But on the other hand, I find I'm not nearly as worried about lack of progress. I now just assume it comes in jerks and starts, so if not today, maybe tomorrow!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 04:14 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I just covered over mine and used a paper stapler. The folds I put in it hid the staples. Easy peasy.
Joette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2024, 02:15 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I just replaced the day/nite shade over the sofa and couldn't find the screws holding the valance to the cabinets until I had the old shades out either. By then I said the heck with it and stood on my head to put the new shades in.
I'm using two venetian blinds per window (compared to the price of the day/nite shades they might as well be free) and hoping the shades over the dinette are going to be easier than laying back 30 inches over the back of the couch to get there.
Every day/nite shade in the coach (except the two in the bedroom) are failing so I'm guessing they age out.
dick

Tags
adventurer, removal, vent, winnebago