Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-26-2023, 06:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

View 24J / Gutter track pulling away from siding

Hello everyone - first - let me say thank you as I've used this forum to work on my RV a LOT :-) You all have helped me so much.

I have an issue today that I can't find an answer to yet and my repair guy is out of town.

On my passenger side, the 15' awning is pulling the gutter/roof track away from the coach about 1/4" to 3/8" when it is under pressure. It seems like the roof radius seal was a bit deteriorated and so I cleaned that out on both sided and sealed it well again, but with further inspection found that the track was flexing away from the coach on the bottom side of the track on the back about 3-4 feet!

So, I looked at some cross sections and it looks like at the factory this track/gutter is installed with screws toward the top underneath the filon radius roof. So, some of those screws must have come loose. I would have assumed they were screwed into the aluminum framing and would not come loose, but they must have.

My question is what to do next OUTSIDE OF UNTUCKING THE FILON and screwing it in at the top behind the filon again!?!? LOL :-)

Can I run a few screws threw the gutter track and then seal it well and as long as I always keep the roof radius sealed, I should be ok??

I'm not sure what to do, but I have to secure it down as the awning will just continue to make it worse.

I'll try to attach a couple of photos so you can see what I mean:

The one in color shows the gap I have in red and screw A is factory. I'm thinking of installing a few screws in position B.

The B&W photo shows the gap in red too and then the screw in red I'm thinking of using. The factory one is higher and behind the filon. I'm assuming it's higher to help keep it from getting water if water did reach a higher level.

I don't think water should be getting back there behind the filon no matter what though

Any advise is appreciated!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1.png
Views:	44
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	186478   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture2.png
Views:	43
Size:	328.6 KB
ID:	186479  

Kevinistic is offline   Reply With Quote