Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-17-2023, 01:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2016 Micro Minnie 2106DS Slide leak

I have a 2016 Micro Minnie 2106DS. It has suddenly developed a very significant leak at the inner front end of the slide out unit. The leak is worse when the slide is in the "in" position than when it is out. The water fills the little runner trough and then spills down the back of the trough onto the wall and then down onto the floor. I am able to stop the leak by covering the whole top of the slide unit, but that is only a temporary fix. Is there a drain hole that I have not found yet that might be blocked, or has one of the seals suddenly failed? Any help will be gratefully received.
Ranald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 08:55 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ranald,

I have the same year and model Micro Minnie as you.

There are no drain holes for the slide.

Sounds like you either have seal damage or the top of the slide is not pulling in tight.

Our MM has the Happijac above floor slide system that uses two micro switches to limit the slide’s movement in and out. One switch limits how far the slide retracts and the other switch limits how far the slide extends.

The first thing I would check, when retracting the slide, is the first part of the slide to contact the Micro Minnie's exterior sidewall the top exterior trim around the slide room.

When closing, the top trim of my slide touches the sidewall first, compressing the rubber seal along the top edge of the trim. Then the slide continues to close until the bottom of the slide pulls in tight compressing both the bottom and side trim seals and then stops.

If the slide appears to be retracting properly, then I would be looking for damage or deterioration to the top and side compression seals around the perimeter of the slide room's exterior trim.

There are also two sets of wiper seals, an inner and outer along the top, sides and bottom of the slide room opening that are attached to the body of the MM. These may also show damage or deterioration, especially the outer wiper seals. I replaced both of the outer side wiper seals a couple years ago due to cracking and splitting.

Attached are a couple manuals for the Happijac slide system incase you ever need to manually retract or extend the slide or need to trouble shoot both the electrical or mechanical side of the slide mechanism.

Let me know if you have additional questions.
Fred
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HappiJac Slide Room Owners Manual.pdf (1,015.3 KB, 65 views)
File Type: pdf Happijac Slide Room Users Guide.pdf (1.43 MB, 42 views)
Fred 2106DS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, slide