Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-16-2024, 10:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2019 Micro Minnie Needs New Converter for Lithium

I would like to move to Lithium batteries, but my WFCO power center 8955PEC, built in 2019m, doesn't have a lithium setting. I guess they thought that lithium batteries were just a fad. When i texted the tech people they said i should upgrade to a current lithium converter. I have heard that the AD (auto detect) doesn't work very well. I would like any info people have on the AD converters.
bobsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2024, 12:15 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

All you need to know about WFCO Auto detect

https://www.wfcoautodetect.com/

I would talk with them directly.

I actually upgrading my Progressive Dynamics 45amp Converter this week. I bought the newer version where I press a button and change profiles. By default it was set for FLA. I changed it to AGM in about 10 secs so Not sure how many times I would need to change batteries to get a pay back on Auto Detect?

I do plan to go to Lithium but I don't know when, my current batteries are 3 1/2 years old. When they fade I go to Lithium and change my profiles. I doubt if I ever go back to AGMs.

Also, I sold my old Progressive Dynamics converter today on ebay. So when you throw in a remote control pendant that came with the new one, I came out really well.

l already like it just with the AGM because the Absorption profile for AGM is 14.7vdc, my old unit profile must only have been for FLA.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3/Tire Patrol; Roadmaster Nighthawk; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; 300ah Lithium; Orion XS; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2024, 12:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks dkoldman -- I read their lit. The problem is if it doesn't work they aren't going to tell me that. I would rather have a converter that I can tell what profile to use rather than trust to their firmware and software. I was thinking about a PD. Did you get the 9300 series?

I never thought of selling the old converter -- good idea.
bobsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2024, 02:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsh View Post
Thanks dkoldman -- I read their lit. The problem is if it doesn't work they aren't going to tell me that. I would rather have a converter that I can tell what profile to use rather than trust to their firmware and software. I was thinking about a PD. Did you get the 9300 series?

I never thought of selling the old converter -- good idea.
Yes I bought the PD9345V

You couldn't get me to consciously buy another brand of Converter. My OEM work great and had zero issues, they are one of the few companies a quick phone call will get you quick answers and zero hassles. When I told them what I was trying to do, I didn't get the 3rd degree nor a sales pitch. They took me right to the model that I ultimately bought. Really Really Easy to use. It came with the Remote Control so you can see if it is Bulk, Absorption, Float or Constant. I had not figured out where to permanently mount yet.

I thought to sell mine because if you look online they are still selling my 5 year old model brand new for $240. I have no idea of who would pay $240 when for a few $'s more you could have one that works on 4 profile

But at any rate I listed my old 45amp unit for $109 and it sold last night. I shipped it this morning in very secure packaging.

So now I have Converter for Lithium. Check
I have a new switch to disable by Trombetta if I ever get Lithium. Check https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3954931
I have new 2200 watt Inverter that doubles my previous 1000 watt inverter so I can run Microwave now. Check

Next Step.
I bought a brand new Renogy 40amp because it was on sale and I got a good deal. I preferred it over the Victron Energy Orion TR 30amp, but funny thing happened while I was waiting on the Renogy. I learned that Victron Energy came out with a newer model Orion XS 50amp and it is just amazing. It is $328 and thus far they got every seller selling for exact same price. I am trying to sell my Renogy 40amp for $115. If I do, then I will buy the Orion XS 50amp. If I can't sell it, I may go ahead and install the Renogy since it is brand new in the box, I might as well use it.

I am in no hurry to buy Lithium batteries. I just wish to have the coach ready just in case some Lithiums fall in my lap, or my AGMs just don't cut it anymore. I saw a pair of 100ah Lithiums for $300. It include a phone app. If I get all of this done and see a sale like that again, I will buy two and see what happens, I can put my AGMs in storage shed for awhile as backup.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3/Tire Patrol; Roadmaster Nighthawk; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; 300ah Lithium; Orion XS; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 07-18-2024, 05:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

UPDATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Yes I bought the PD9345V

Next Step

I bought a brand new Renogy 40amp because it was on sale and I got a good deal. I preferred it over the Victron Energy Orion TR 30amp, but funny thing happened while I was waiting on the Renogy. I learned that Victron Energy came out with a newer model Orion XS 50amp and it is just amazing. It is $328 and thus far they got every seller selling for exact same price. I am trying to sell my Renogy 40amp for $115. If I do, then I will buy the Orion XS 50amp. If I can't sell it, I may go ahead and install the Renogy since it is brand new in the box, I might as well use it.
My Renogy 40amp sold today, so now I have green light to buy Orion XS 50 amps. The Victron Energy 50 amp is about 2/3rd paid for based on funds received from Old Converter and the new Renogy 40 amp

Tags
converter