Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-23-2024, 05:27 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

3rd Brake Light replacement source

I've been shredding the internet trying to source a replacement for the 3rd brake light on my 2016 Adventurer 38Q. The one I have is starting to fizzle out and only half the lamp is still working. I know the OEM light is a "Just Top" but I can't nail down the specific light on the products that are listed on the "Just Top" web site using the numbers off the existing light.

I will likely be calling Winnebago Customer support and/or Lichtsinn soon if I can't get one somehwere else handily. Similar, but not exact same lights I saw on the internet are very pricey hence I want to -hopefully- find a reasonably priced replacement. I'm just hoping it or something similar that fits, is still available?

I might email Just Top, but not sure they'll be able to help???? from Taiwan???

Anyone been through sourcing this replacement light for a 2016 38Q Advemturer?
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2024, 06:41 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Here is a link for a 3rd brake light that is a good match for it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/22458578144...xoCixgQAvD_BwE

Oops, I looked at this to quick. I thought it was a 2006 not 2016.
spierce617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2024, 07:14 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Seems to be two buuilds on that RV! Is this the one with a single third light, centered under the top three lights? Not the RV with one on each corner up high?
Click this snip for better view!
Click image for larger version

Name:	light.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	189699

Have you tried working it using the Winnebago part number as shown here?
192871-01-000
Maybe hit a different group to search? E-bay, Amazon, etc. ?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2024, 03:41 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by spierce617 View Post
Here is a link for a 3rd brake light that is a good match for it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/22458578144...xoCixgQAvD_BwE

Oops, I looked at this to quick. I thought it was a 2006 not 2016.
Thanks Spierce617-- thats not it. But I appreciate the suggestion!
Old 08-24-2024, 03:58 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Seems to be two buuilds on that RV! Is this the one with a single third light, centered under the top three lights? Not the RV with one on each corner up high?
Click this snip for better view!
Attachment 189699

Have you tried working it using the Winnebago part number as shown here?
192871-01-000
Maybe hit a different group to search? E-bay, Amazon, etc. ?
Thanks Morich- yes I had already had pulled the info from the Winnebago site and grabbed that part number earlier but its not of any help. It doesn't match or link to any of the Just Top part numbers either on the lamp or on the Just Top Web site.

I had already tried ebay and Amazon and no luck there either.

I found similar lights with a measurement schematic and specification on the Just Top web site last night, but all the measurements are metric. So- I need to get the ladder out and climb up there and do some more measurement to see if its a fit, then try to find out if the one they show is a fit. Finding who is a Just Top distributer/ supplier is in the US may be fun.

It was too late Friday when I got into this project to call Winnebago, but I guess on Monday I'll call them and see what they can offer.

I have always had great luck with Lichstinn for 'bago parts but the shipping costs are sometimes more than the part itself. I'd kinda hoped it would be more of a generic light that I could get here in town, but I guess its not.

I do appreciate your follow up!
Old 08-24-2024, 06:34 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Yes, We have a lot of options now but sometimes we need more!
Sounds like you've about run down the options. Salvage might be but then you get into stuff that may be too weathered to be worth the swap?

I just ditched a nice little stapler/nailer because the price of fixing was going to be 2/3 the price of new. Since I had it since about '98 and it was not worn out but the seals had all dried while in the garage, I decided to deferr replacing until I find out I really need it!
Instead of folks telling me I "nailed it", they can now say I screwed it up?
Old 08-24-2024, 03:27 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

The hunt can get closer now-- found the actual product model number

UPDATE: Found a schematic of the Just Top lamp. The width is 258x 26x 33 mm and 238mm to the centers of the screw holes (measured without bezel). The model for this lamp on the Just Top web site is listed as a JS-171701. Now the hunt for this begins in ernest!!
Old 08-24-2024, 08:33 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanrascal View Post
UPDATE: Found a schematic of the Just Top lamp. The width is 258x 26x 33 mm and 238mm to the centers of the screw holes (measured without bezel). The model for this lamp on the Just Top web site is listed as a JS-171701. Now the hunt for this begins in ernest!!
25.4cm =1" so 10" long x 1"high x 1.2"wide. With no picture or idea of the present strip-light design, will this work?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2024, 04:16 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
25.4cm =1" so 10" long x 1"high x 1.2"wide. With no picture or idea of the present strip-light design, ....will this work[/URL]?
Yes I think so. Drove me nuts finding a tape measure in my tool box that measured in metric, but eventually did and converted it to confirm its a fit.

I actually found it on Amazon about the same time you posted. I have to get back up and look again before I order. When I first pulled it off I don't recall it being a 3 wire (green for tail light) set up-- seems I recall it was only 2 wire as mine does not work as a tail light- only a brake light I wonder if I could just cut the green or does it absiloutley require it to work ?

The listing on Amazon shows the green is for tail light?
Old 08-25-2024, 06:52 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

There are lots of different wiore codes and some really conflict with others. The green is often meant as a ground wire and used to ground the equipment, like a stove. In a plastic light fixture that doesn't sound likely but it might still be true?

Your thought on cutting it off, will often work fine, just letting part of the bulb that is used for the brake light work and the part for taillight not.

For shopping, I rarely use Amazon as it complicates things for me to return them!
That leaves me often finding the same thing at Wal-mart that fits me better as it is so much easier/ quicker for me to run local to drop it off if I can find the same item.

Tags
ace, brake, light, replace, replacement