Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-05-2020, 03:26 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Battery Disconnect

I have a new 2020 2108ds. What does actuator out click do on the battery disconnect switch? I can not find anything on battery disconnect switch let alone what actuator out does on the switch in the manual. Called dealer and does not have a clue.
Chiefdeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Not sure if we mean the same?? Actuator out click? Do you mean when you move the switch you get a click?
What I expect is that moving it one way will get a click nearby from a solenoid/ relay opening or closing, either cutting off or reconnecting the battery.
Does that fit what you mean?
If like many, you will need to have battery powered to move the solenoid, so if the battery is run down, you don't get the solenoid to move and connect or disconnect until you get the battery that operates it charged.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 04:37 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

No thats not what I mean, sorry was not as clear as I should have been On the battery disconnect switch there is an on position which is straight up, an off position which is at 9:00 o clock and a actuator out position on bottom. the on position and off position is obvious what they do but the actuator out position is not.
Old 06-05-2020, 05:14 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Turn to that location and pull to remove handle? That is good when that type switch is used on things like boats stored and open to the public! guessing there is a tab sticking out on the shaft that will only come out when in the right location.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:41 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Turn to that location and pull to remove handle? That is good when that type switch is used on things like boats stored and open to the public! guessing there is a tab sticking out on the shaft that will only come out when in the right location.
have absolutely no idea what your are talking about.I just want to know what actuator out means on my battery disconnect on/off switch.
Old 06-06-2020, 08:07 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

When you turn the actuator to that position and pull does does the handle they call the actuator come out of the switch?
I'm guessing you have something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Volt-Battery-.../dp/B007O0BBFM
Old 06-06-2020, 03:03 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Morich, you are correct, i just did not understand how you were saying it. I read you replies to my girlfriend and she understood immediately what you were saying. you can pull switch out so it can not be used. thanks a bunch.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:11 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Sounds right! We all speak a different lasnguage at times and I had the advantage of having a boat that sat in a dock and having one of those was one way to keep people from getting on it and starting the engine or messing with things.
Running the battery down from playing the radio was a big one they did.
Old 06-14-2020, 11:33 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

It is a set it in that position and you can remove the knob. Not sure why - it really is not a security issue. I did this the first winter, not knowing but trying it out, and the switch broke. There are 2 little pins inside the knob that do the actual turning and they broke off. So, $15 Amazon and a new switch with only on/off and all was good
n9wdq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, battery disconnect