Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-11-2024, 03:22 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Battery switch on MIcro Minnie?

We just bought a used 2022 Micro Minnie 1808fbs. We are new to RV's, and my background is with boats. Every boat that I ever had had a battery switch, and so I assumed that my RV would have one also. But I sure cannot find such an animal. Do they just not have one? (By "battery switch" I mean a device which allows me to switch between two batteries, or disconnect from the battery completely).
John
john_nall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 06:14 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

On my 2021 Micro Minnie 2306 BHS the battery disconnect was in the front pass thru storage on the side where the sewer hose connects.
guzz3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 04:26 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Be forewarned that the battery disconnect switch on most RVs is only a partial disconnect. Thinks like radios,. propane detectors and slides are quite often wired directly to the battery, bypassing the disconnect. Most people find out the hard way when the battery is dead.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 07:36 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I would also not expect to find a switch to switch batteries as they are tied together if two and both charge/discharge at the same time. On RV the battery use is more aimed toward total time to draw them down, so no point to switch. In boat use, it may be more toward using one for trolling while leaving the other for starting?
when looking for parts of the 12VDC system, don't fail to look under the front frame under the tanks and such as a common point for breakers, fuses and connections.
One point often mentioned here is the lack of info on trailers, as it is a big hangup! Then if you have a problem and can't find breaker to fix it, look very carefully if there is a metal 4X4 box under the frame!
A frequent report is that there is a tiny microswitch laid on it's side, buried under a ton of wires with a tiny reset switch on the side!
Lots of reports of looking and telling us there is not a breaker in there but they eventually find it!

But, as mentioned we get little real info to guide us on the towables!
If it doesn't fit, you have to forget!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 11:25 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks. The disconnect switch on my Micro Minnie is right where Guzz3601 said his is. In storage compartment on the port side. Thanks also for the info about the disconnect switch not necessarily disconnecting everything. That is good to know!

John
john_nall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 05:04 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_nall View Post
Thanks. The disconnect switch on my Micro Minnie is right where Guzz3601 said his is. In storage compartment on the port side. Thanks also for the info about the disconnect switch not necessarily disconnecting everything. That is good to know!

John
I can't count the number of times people have turned the switch off and come back to a dead battery. The LP detector can pull a battery down in less than 2 weeks, adding a few more light discharges like a power on for a radio or keeping the power on the slide controllers and a week on a single battery is pushing it. Which is the main reason I try to keep my rigs plugged up with the battery charger going.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, switch