Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Control Module Needed

Hello, I am new to the RV world and this forum, so it is nice to have found this great reference! I just bought a 2007 View and I had some check engine lights on so I brought it to a local shop that I trust w/ all of my vehicles and he said that I need a board that he cannot find anywhere but used on E-bay for $3k. It is part # 516105AA. It is the ABS/Traction Control Module. Does anyone have any experience w/ replacing these or know of anyone who can diagnose and repair it? Many thanks for any help!
Jerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I don't know lots of details on the chassis you have and that leaves lots of doubt.
BUT doing a search for ABS/traction control module makes that price seem pretty high??

I rarely fully trust anybody who is doing work for me and will often do a check to see what others are charging. When doing a search I find new form $75 range to 500+ but that is a long way from $3000!
https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and-...control-module

I might want to do some more checking on my own before trusting at that price?
They may be correct and the devil is in the details but my last garage door springs were priced from $1600 installed down to the $400 range I wound up using!

Sometimes there is a bit of "extra " profit built into the pricing!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrari View Post
Hello, I am new to the RV world and this forum, so it is nice to have found this great reference! I just bought a 2007 View and I had some check engine lights on so I brought it to a local shop that I trust w/ all of my vehicles and he said that I need a board that he cannot find anywhere but used on E-bay for $3k. It is part # 516105AA. It is the ABS/Traction Control Module. Does anyone have any experience w/ replacing these or know of anyone who can diagnose and repair it? Many thanks for any help!
Being a 2007 View your chassis is likely a 2006? This will make a huge difference because 2006 was the last year for T1N Sprinters and in 2007 they went to the NCV3 chassis. (A 2006 will have Dodge badging although the grill could have been changed to Mercedes as this is a popular modification)

Once you have that information, head on over to the Sprintersource and register then ask your question on the appropriate forum, T1N or NCV3. I can guarantee that you will get lots of help over there because there are thousands of Sprinter owners and there are Sprinter mechanics that hang out there as well. Traction control and speed sensor problems are somewhat common on Sprinters and this may be a known issue with a reasonable solution.

Also, the Sprinter is a persnickety animal and it's generally not recommended to take it somewhere unless they are familiar with them except maybe for things like oil changes. At Sprinterforum there is a resource of recommended Sprinter shops across the country.

Good luck with it and I'm reasonably sure there will be a solution.
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you both for that information! I will take that info and figure this out. Thanks again!!
Jerrari is offline   Reply With Quote