Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-07-2023, 03:22 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Dead interior lighting 2001 Minnie WF322R

Hello, I have a 2001 Minnie WF322R that only half the interior lamps are working. The wiring diagram is here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm I have power at the converter and it would be all the lamps off of wire JC. I would suspect that it is a bad connection on one of the molex connectors except I can't find them in the intreior locations that the diagrams say they are. Supposedly, under the vanity and below the refrigerator. Would they be below the frame?
Wingnut23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 06:20 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Sounds like you have the basic ideas but maybe some clues on the "Winnebago way" will help. All drawings do have some weird quirks built in at times.
One is that we need to look at the "installation " drawings to get the physical location better at times.
I'm not able to sort out where the vanity, etc is located without seeing the RV, so maybe you can do better if looking at the 12 volt install drawings as well as the wiriing diagram?
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...001/136475.pdf

On this drawing, the darker lines should lead from things like switches and lights they control?

Then there may be help with the wire code that they stamp on small wires like this:
Click image for larger version

Name:	wire ID.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	186905

When looking at wires or the drawings, if you find a code, go to this list to "decode" the from and to of that wire and it may tell you things like battery or ground wires, so you can test better?
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf

Hit "ctrl and f" at the same time on computer to bring a dropdown where you can put in a term to do a search for on the list. Far from perfect, it can speed getting there when looking for some wire like wwx that will be at the far bottom of the list.
You can also do the reverse and look for a term like "water pump" when you have not found the wire label.
Sometimes you get 4 hits, other times 44 , so not perfect!

This wiring should NOT be under the floor in most cases but inside! Note that there are places where the wire you first see doesn't match colors, etc shown on the drawing. Things like the thermostat or lights that come from builders with wires soldered on, may have leads with connections tucked back in the wall that need to be pulled out to find the Winnebago colors and ID. Lights may have 5-6 inches of wire that is then connected to the "real" Winnebago wires!

Another way that the wires and connectors may be hiding is under a small section of floor or panel that needs to be found and lifted before spotting the plugs. Another place may be tucked up high under the vanity sink?

Good luck and give a shout if I can lend any more confusion!!!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 04:42 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for all the tips. Pointing out the wire markers was especially helpful!

I chased wire "JC" ending up in a wire loom under the floor circling half way around under the RV. Then it split into JC-1,2,3. I Knew there had to be a splice. I ended up finding the broken splice in the loom between the frame and rear right wheel mud flap!

I have a picture, but unfortunately can't post it yet. Again, thanks for the help.

-Craig
Wingnut23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 05:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Always glad to hear when a few hints works out to be a help!
If we can just get enough of those hints in the right order, we can often do wonders!
One of the thing I like about the Winnebago group is that they have willing to put so much info online where we can use it----if we can just find it when we need it!

Enjoy the RV!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light