Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-12-2024, 02:25 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCASC View Post
Creativepart; Thank you. Checked the monitor and it says BM 712 but does not include the word Smart or have blue tooth icon, as your example.
Yeah, the older 712 didn't have bluetooth when it first came out. They have made many changes to their gear over the recent past.

I think you can add a $40 bluetooth dongle to the back of your monitor to make it smartphone compatible with their phone APP. HINT: This is a great option to have. It works pretty much anywhere inside your RV.

https://www.amazon.com/Victron-Energ.../dp/B01CGFF8Q2
Old 08-12-2024, 03:15 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Creativepart; To answer your questions. Yes, covered storage but not totally enclosed. RV’s on both sides, enclosed in back. No direct Sun. 2nd, RV had been on shore power for over 24 hours before storage. After 10 days battery level showed less than half. By Zamp Solar Control indicator.
You told of your level of draw down, & that was about what I was accustomed to when I had the Journey. That’s why the concern with this View. Just wanting to find out if operator error(lack of knowledge) or something inherent, or a needed repair. I sure appreciate all the input i’ve been given by you & Richard. That knowledge level has increased greatly.
Old 08-14-2024, 06:16 PM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

We have a 2023 View 24V with factory installed Lithionics batteries. We turn the batteries off when in winter storage. No loss of charge.
PoppyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2024, 12:40 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Poppyjoe, Do you have a total battery disconnect or just the one on cabinet by steps?
To Richard & Creativepart. Now That I better understand the Victron system, while scrolling through the readouts, I noticed the voltage with batteries showing 100% was 10.3 not 12. Planning on removing batteries to have them individually check for possible bad cell. Before attempting this, any other advise you May have as to why this 10.3 readout? Alway appreciative of your advise.
Old 08-15-2024, 01:49 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

I tend to avoid much knowledge about the lithium questions as I missed that aprt and now have no reason to get into a deep, deep subject. Still an interest but not much motivation!
Do I remember reading about settings on what level to charge to ondifferent battery types? Any programing that might be off, either due to not set right or one of those glitches that new electronics due when they have a program to screw up?
Something lie that might be a way to explain why the batteries go down so quick if they were never getting fully charged to the correct level?

Two things jump out to me and my lack of knowledge of the whole. It tells you state of charge is 100% but the voltage is way low? Sound slike some elctronic brain thinks 10 volts is just right!
I tend to first check things with a meter and then compare to what automatic readout tells me as they DO tend to be one more point to get off center!

Any chance of a simple dirty connection at some point on the connections?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2024, 09:36 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

When troubleshooting lithium batteries don't even bother with SOC numbers, SOC is derived by Coulomb counting and it simply shows the memory value of the counter, from previously observed current over time. Any current which wasn't observed or counted, such as internal leakage or any circuit bypassing the shunt, or low enough current which isn't registered by the shunt, will not be counted, causing "SOC drift". This is especially relevant when RV was in storage, where SOC monitor was turned off, but battery is never truly off, especially battery which doesn't have an On/Off switch.

When you see an LFP battery at 10V it can mean that it's a good battery, but completely depleted, or a battery with some internal fault.
Also important to know if you are measuring open circuit voltage OCV or loaded voltage, i.e. something is consuming at least a fraction of one Amp while measuring. Lithium battery with BMS turned off can still show some OCV voltage, but if you apply any load, like an LED lamp or any 12V load, the voltage would collapse to zero. If voltage is collapsing under load, that means BMS is in OFF state and you can wake it up by applying external 12V from a power supply or another good battery.
If the battery is bad, then it will not wake up and you need to replace it.
electric is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, view