Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-31-2024, 10:33 AM   #21
Winnie-Wise

For an electrical device such as this, I would check if it has Underwriters Labs (UL) and Canadian Standards Assoc (CSA) certification. Certification doesn't always mean the device won't have safety issues but it does give some assurance that the device was designed with electrical safety taken into consideration.
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 10:54 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Now that you can read and understand, are you ready for the biggie test? Can you write it as well???
I'm thinking that will require at least new glasses and lots of scrap paper!

I have grandchildren who are Japanese ancestry and they read, write and speak both English and Japanese. It is one of our funny jokes when cards are sent!
They used to think it really odd that I never learned to read or write!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 01:10 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones2003 View Post
For an electrical device such as this, I would check if it has Underwriters Labs (UL) and Canadian Standards Assoc (CSA) certification. Certification doesn't always mean the device won't have safety issues but it does give some assurance that the device was designed with electrical safety taken into consideration.
The label has the below, with all that I have been doing inside this unit, if I was gonna electrocute myself, I would have done so and this thread might be history by now.

It is a new product for USA and somewhat a reach for me, but at $.25 on the dollar and more than 4 times the features.

With that said it is approved for sale in USA.

RoHS, CE, and FCC are markings that indicate that a product meets certain requirements:
RoHS
Stands for Restriction of Hazardous Substances, and is a legal directive that requires electronics sold in Europe to be made without certain hazardous chemicals, such as lead, mercury, and cadmium. RoHS compliance protects the health and safety of people and the environment. An official RoHS certification is proof that a product meets the directive.
CE
Stands for Conformity European, and is a safety mark that indicates that a product meets all relevant European requirements, is certified, and is controlled by the US or European electronic certification. As of January 2, 2013, RoHS compliance is a requirement for a CE mark. Non-compliant products cannot be sold in the European Union or to customers who require the CE mark.
FCC
Stands for Federal Communications Commission, and indicates that an electronic item is approved for use in the US and is made without certain hazardous chemicals. CE, FCC, and ISED markings also indicate that a device meets health and environmental protection requirements and doesn't interfere with other electronic devices
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3/Tire Patrol; Roadmaster Nighthawk; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; 300ah Lithium; Orion XS; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 01:19 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by morich View Post
now that you can read and understand, are you ready for the biggie test? Can you write it as well???
I'm thinking that will require at least new glasses and lots of scrap paper!

I have grandchildren who are japanese ancestry and they read, write and speak both english and japanese. It is one of our funny jokes when cards are sent!
They used to think it really odd that i never learned to read or write!
是的,我会写中文
Attached Images

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3/Tire Patrol; Roadmaster Nighthawk; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; 300ah Lithium; Orion XS; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter