Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-17-2024, 09:24 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2005 vectra 40 foot and my towed lights are not work. The wires from the connection go into the right side below the batteries. Where do they come to a fuse box or something. I looked at the box in the side radiator but I do not see anything that shows towed power.
madred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 06:27 PM   #22
Just Trying to Help

madred-

Wiring diagrams for your 2005 Vectra are here. According to the Chassis Wiring Installation diagram, view BF or BG, there's a Freightliner fuse box inside the last openable exterior storage compartment on the driver's side. I'd expect the trailer hitch connector fuses to be in that box.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2024, 09:53 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

no power to towed connector

the last openable exterior storage compartment on the driver's side. Would be the only storage compartment it is on the slide out. The next would be the wet compartment and the last is the electrical compartment (electric cable, inverter, etc.
Old 08-18-2024, 02:31 PM   #24
Just Trying to Help

I probably should not have said "storage." It should be the compartment marked with the yellow circle, below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2006VectraDriverSide.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	189661  
Old 08-23-2024, 06:49 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

lost tail light power to trailer plug

Sorry I took so long, I was out of town. My rear compartment drivers side has a Automatic Line Switch on the left, a Electrical Management System in the back, Battery mode, Solenoid and Relays (Solar Panel, Coach Breaker panels (2) and they are push resets. I cannot find anything in the compartment with a fuse. I took the Solenoid box cover off and did not find any inside either. The wires from the towed vehicle connection on the motorhome goes to passenger side and disappear behind the batteries
Old 08-23-2024, 07:05 AM   #26
Winnie-Wise

Actually, on the Vectra the trailer fuses are in the very back in the vented panel. You need to remove the screws that fasten the panel, swing it up, and you will see the fuse box on the right at the top.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2024, 08:13 AM   #27
Winnebago Master

I may be missing the post but has anybody gotten around to asking WHICH 2005 Vectra 40 foot RV this is?
It seems like looking at the correct RV would be a start?

One problem in sorting the question may also be that the first sheet of the drawings is missing when looking at it online!
If I pick one at random and chase the power from the breaker which seems possibly correct, it goes to a relay that may be the problem. But with the first sheet of the drawing missing the leads that seem to be involved go to the missing sheet!

If we are willing to go into the guessing game, one might want to find the set of relays? Possibly they are labled but then the guessing really gets difficult to guess which relay and then which contacts on that relay to find if things are working to that point?

We start with guessing which RV, guess which power feed and then guess which relay?
Does anybody want to guess how long it takes to find the right answer?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2024, 06:55 PM   #28
Just Trying to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiddleb View Post
Actually, on the Vectra the trailer fuses are in the very back in the vented panel. You need to remove the screws that fasten the panel, swing it up, and you will see the fuse box on the right at the top.
Yes, that is another location where owners have found the Freightliner fuse box containing the trailer fuses.
Old 08-24-2024, 12:18 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

On August 24, 2024 at 3:22:44 PM UTC, [email protected] wrote:
Believe me I am thankful for you help and I am lost (have looked into every panel that everyone has mentioned. I connected Freightliner and they said the unit that has the fuse was installed by Winnebago and when I talked to Winnebago they said it was installed bly Frightliner.
My serial # 4uzaahcy34cn63674 and they both asked for it.
I have looked in the shore electrical compartment, the fuses below the drivers side window, I looked in the area where the side radiatior and I found two bussmann boxes, one has fuses Marked by F and R
F
1 spare
2 reverse lamps
3 ecm battery power
4 tcm battery power
5 diagnostic/vdc
6 spare
7 ecm ignition
8 tcm ignition

R
1 ecu ignition
2 spare
3 ignition power
4 neutral start
5 reveerse lamps
6 spare

The other box is the same size but it has a large 2 on the front

It has 5 fuses
R turn
mrk
b/u
ign
stop
ign

and it has 8 black boxes on the right side

There has to be something that supplies the power to where ever the fuse that goes to the towed connector.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Aug 24, 2024 12:13 AM
To:
Subject: "Lost tail light power on 7 way trailer plug at moho" update

Dear madred,

You are subscribed to the thread "Lost tail light power on 7 way trailer plug at moho" by Americanrascal, there have been 4 post(s) to this thread, the last poster was l1v3fr33ord1.
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ead.php?t68450

These following posts were made to the thread:
lost tail light power to trailer plug
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...28#post3956428
Posted by: madred
On: 08-23-2024 07:49 AM
Old 08-24-2024, 03:13 PM   #30
Just Trying to Help

madred-

This thread has pictures. Perhaps one of them will help.
Old 08-24-2024, 03:38 PM   #31
Winnebago Master

Sounds like you may be close to somethng that we don't have much info on!
It is part of the Freightliner section of the electrical, so Winnebago may have little info on what is in there.
But looking at the labels you have posted, it sounds like they control the rear lights.
Whether they also control the wiring to the trailer connection is a guess!

Are you finding them in this box?
Click this snip to see better!

Name:	bf.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	189701

From what you are seeing on a label, this seems like it DOES feed lights on the rear or lights on the trailer connection.

Name:	relay.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	189702
If ALL the trailer connections are out, it would seem odd to be fuses and they all went out at the same time. That makes testing the voltage at these fuses a good idea.
But a way to try to find what these do is to turn on lights on the RV, and then pull these to see if it kills some of the lights.

Then when you say there are black boxes, it sounds like the small relays that might be used to feed power on to the rear lights???
Can you pull on one and wiggle it out?
If you get it out, it may have a drawing and label on one side. What I might guess at finding is a fuse feeds power to these relays (if they are relays) and then the relay feeds power on toward the trailer!
Somewhere I might expect some type of label to tell which relay does what??
Is there a booklet or manual with the RV for the freightliner part?

Without the complete Winnebago drawings and without any information on the Freightliner wiring, we really don't have much to go on for finding the problem.
Maybe you can hunt and peck to find more but we just don't have enough info!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2024, 07:51 PM   #32
Winnebago Master

If already suggested, I missed it; Most MH's require a converter in the light circuit.
Check this converter connections.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, power