Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-29-2024, 09:36 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

LP Detector No Power 2024 Minnie 2730MLRK TT

Hoping this is the right spot, but I have a new 2024 2730MLRK Minnie Travel Trailer.

Noticed the LP Detector does not work it's a 12v RVSAFE brand - it's just a two wire red/black. At first I thought the unit was dead and purchased another one , hooked it up and realized there is no 12v+ on the line. I also tried to replace the fuse, no luck.

Next, decided to just traced the wiring and the LP Detector appears to go into an EPICKER Relay (30,87,85,86). I'm currently not sure if the relay is bad or just wired wrong. Not sure what the purpose of the relay is, and curious why the LP detector doesn't directly connect to the panel?

I ran a multimeter on the 4 wires on the EPICKER and only 30 (Red/White Stripe) is showing 12v+ which I believe is the wire from the 12v fuse panel, the 86 (white wire) seems to go directly to the negative 12v bus, 87 (Brown/White Stripe) not sure where that goes appears to go down into the trailer, and 85 (Solid Red) appears to go into the LP Detector.

I was hoping this would be a simple fix like there is a switch that's off somewhere, I was really trying to avoid bringing it back to the dealer. I was trying to get a wiring diagram from Winnebago but it's been 25 days with no response. I could wire it directly, but I just wasn't sure what the relay is supposed to do?
jcnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2024, 10:14 AM   #2
Site Team

Greetings jcnx,
The Liquid Petroleum detector should not be wired into a relay. It should be on a fused line directly to your 12 VDC battery that cannot be switched-off. Sorry that you are not getting better support on this, but you should be able to run a line somewhere to your battery, even if it is using an in-line fuse holder.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 07-29-2024, 10:18 AM   #3
Site Team

Welcome,
Sorry to hear of your problem. Did you email Winnebago for that wiring diagram or did you call the Towables Customer Care line? If you emailed. Then you should change course and phone Towables CC. Here's the phone number:

Towable Customer Care
(574) 825-8052

They may tell you to go to a dealer since it's so new. But that could really take months. Ask for advice from that CC phone number above.
Old 07-29-2024, 10:51 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you , appreciate the response. Will just wire directly as it will be simple - I can run through the lower cabinets and easily reach the lp detector and fuse panel.
Old 07-29-2024, 10:52 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

I will try to contact the number. I was working through email and haven't heard anything because I was looking for electrical diagrams and backer location for bedroom tv.
Old 07-29-2024, 01:33 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

That problem should be resolved under the factory warranty, it is a safety issue and #1 on their list.
I would contact the selling dealer AND the mfgr customer service ASAP. If you get a run-around file a complaint with https://www.recalls.gov/nhtsa.html
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power