Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-07-2024, 09:59 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Move along lithium! You're replaced?

Interesting article showing how quickly things can change when change is needed?
https://interestingengineering.com/i...-battery-power

Just hoping!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 11:03 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Richard,
Still, the best batteries are Silver - Zinc, and they are totally recyclable too. As a non-military or non-space-flight citizen, the biggest Silver - Zinc battery that is sold is for hearing aids. Sort of a shame, as Silver remains extremely inexpensive when compared to historical valuations.
Another interesting article which I saw on Friday was using Lithium for fusion reactions:
Princeton Scientists Unveil Breakthrough In Fusion Reactor Technology
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 04-07-2024, 11:28 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

The part that caught my eye was the idea of paper and water!
Old 04-17-2024, 07:35 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Going to be a long time before that hits Amazon warehouses. So, I am out for now and keeping my LiFePo4 bank for now.
BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 03:08 AM   #5
Dream Big, Work Smart !

The Earth has more Hydrogen than any other element and for the Non believers just look at the Progress.

Google Hydrogen Energy Storage !

Australia Germany etc. are leading the rest of the world on developing this Technology.
Old 04-18-2024, 10:02 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Hydrogen is one that has always been interesting to me. I have a grandson who got into writing papers, etc. for school and one of his things to pursue was hydrogen conversion to power cars. He had all kinds if ideas that were likely not new but probably had been rejected by experts! But the idea of mounting solar on the cartop to convert water to hydrogen was good to think about.
He found you needed way too big of car top!
It appears the future will have plenty of water to deal with, if we could just figure out the huge power needed to clean up salt water and break it down to hydrogen!
He never got it all worked out but did well enough to get a good review!
Old 04-18-2024, 04:42 PM   #7
Dream Big, Work Smart !

Hydrogen

I was producing Green Hydrogen 50 years ago with a 12V Battery connected to two length of muffler pipe (one inside the other kept apart), bucket of Water & an upside down plastic plate with an air nipple fitted in the Centre. That produced Hydrogen is a short time.

Your son was on the right path, the World is catching up.
Old 04-18-2024, 04:52 PM   #8
Dream Big, Work Smart !

This site shows an Australian Hydrogen Design by LAVO, the company is apparently Useless at actually selling there Equipment and we hear they have been refunding Customers due to there Storage system Now working correctly.

This link shows there Unit.
https://newatlas.com/energy/lavo-hom...ttery-storage/

The LAVO site is Useless and sadly they are No-longer selling this Unit !
They are now flogging common LiFePO4 Batteries & Solar Panels.
Old 04-19-2024, 11:32 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

So if I put a ream of copy paper in the mop bucket, filled it with water, and attached leads to it, would it run my 12v refrigerator?

That was an attempt at humor?

In reality, some fine mind will come up with an alternative form of power in the future. It will likely be as foreign to the masses as elcetricity was.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:38 PM   #10
Dream Big, Work Smart !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sky View Post
So if I put a ream of copy paper in the mop bucket, filled it with water, and attached leads to it, would it run my 12v refrigerator?

That was an attempt at humor?

In reality, some fine mind will come up with an alternative form of power in the future. It will likely be as foreign to the masses as electricity was.

You Humor fell on Deaf Ears here !
Unless you are to Thick to understand what I said actually works.

However in Australia a University just developed a small Test that showed one can Generate Power from CO2

That Foolish people are wanting to Pump liquid CO2 Underground to Dispose of, that has a high possibility of Polluting the Ground Water.
Old 04-19-2024, 08:11 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

It often takes a long time for things to get into fashion. One of the giggles of having been a railroad fan is the story of how resistant the public was to trains.
The first stories were that the human mind was not designed to go at such a high speed and it was declared that they would go insane.
With that in mind laws were made to require men on horse drawn vehicles to travel alongside the trains to offer aid to the passengers who were expected to lose their minds!
After all the human body was not designed to travel at a speed that a horse could not keep up!
We still find much the same thinking in different groups, just on issues a bit more current!
I do think most are past the idea that if we travel so far as Australia, we will fall off the edge of the earth!
If I remember correctly, the state law in Ohio still requires a lantern to be carried alongside or behind a horseless carriage!

On a more optimist note?
https://www.ecoticias.com/en/hydroge...longer%20range.
Old 04-20-2024, 01:43 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raptor View Post
You Humor fell on Deaf Ears here !
Unless you are to Thick to understand what I said actually works.

However in Australia a University just developed a small Test that showed one can Generate Power from CO2

That Foolish people are wanting to Pump liquid CO2 Underground to Dispose of, that has a high possibility of Polluting the Ground Water.
... Thick (really). Please disregard my posts in the future. And I won't read yours either.

Tags
ace, replace