Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-08-2023, 08:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Mysterious beeping noise near steps

I have a 2021 View 24. Just yesterday I heard an intermittent beeping noise near the step well. I can’t seem to pinpoint the source. Has anyone else had this experience?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Ejdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 10:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejdobbs View Post
I have a 2021 View 24. Just yesterday I heard an intermittent beeping noise near the step well. I can’t seem to pinpoint the source. Has anyone else had this experience?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Have you recently rotated the seats? If the seats are not fully lowered and latched they will beep when the engine is running.
Old 07-08-2023, 10:45 AM   #3
Site Team

Do you know if you or a previous owner installed an "Amp-L-Start" between the chassis battery and the house battery? It's a long shot, but if one has been installed it will faintly beep if there is any issues with that connection.

This probably would not be installed by the factory on your year RV. So, it's not likely to be there unless someone installed it.

I have installed one, and it too is near the steps because that's a convenient location for that connection. If my Chassis battery is too low, or a wire is disconnected it beeps very slowly with quiet beeps.

Again, a very long shot. Just mentioning it in case and I know many people install these.
Old 07-08-2023, 11:30 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

It sounds like it’s coming from the steps. Sounds like some type of low volume alarm. I haven’t done any modifications. Thanks for any potential help!
Old 07-08-2023, 11:50 AM   #5
Site Team

Isn't the House Battery under the step of your View motorhome?

Have you lifted the stair and checked around in the battery compartment?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 12.44.38 PM.png
Views:	38
Size:	701.0 KB
ID:	186583  
Old 07-08-2023, 12:50 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I’ve checked the batteries they are all good. Started the unit and ran it for awhile. Then started the generator and ran that for awhile. Disconnected power to the steps no change. So for now I disconnected shore power and turned off the Coach batteries as well as the entire house disconnect. I’ll see what tomorrow brings. Thanks for all the input.
Old 07-08-2023, 12:53 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejdobbs View Post
I’ve checked the batteries they are all good.
What I meant by "Check the batteries under the steps" was have you lifted to step when the beep is occurring to see if you can get closer to the beeping sound? Since you say it comes from the steps, opening that step cover will get you better access to the steps.

Tags
noise, steps