Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-24-2023, 10:36 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Need replacement ceiling light for View

183243 01 CHT is the original part number but I don’t think it’s available any more. Does anyone know what the replacement part is that I should buy? I have a 2013 Winnebago View 24J.

Thanks.
Jkay1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 09:30 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I did a quick search (at airport waiting for next flight) and it looks like these are what you are looking for. They come in 3 inch and 4.5 inch versions.

3 Inch.
https://itcshopnow.com/products/copy...39602522030116

4.5 Inch.
https://itcshopnow.com/products/radi...pr_seq=uniform

Double check your mounting, they come in spring and screw mount.

If the same as mine, Swapping is pretty easy. Turn power off. Twist lens to remove. Unscrew light. The light housing is likely stuck to the ceiling, gently wedge pinky inbetween light and ceiling working your way around. Couple rounds and it should come out. Cut the 2 wires making note of how connected. Take new light and connect using crimp connections, screw in place and then twist lens.

Hope that helps!
Old 02-25-2023, 10:10 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Is this something that you are wanting to order versus just picking one up that appeals to you?
I like to just drop in and look at what best fits the old place as far as covering any damaged areas, etc. Once past the fittting the space, most all LED will work, so I go to the details which I can see more than model numbers, etc.

Personal preference? Sometimes ordered and brought to me but other times, seeing what I'm getting saves time!
Small point on mounting may be to look for the original connections as they may be left stuffed up in the ceiling and I don't like to have more connections than necessary so I pull those first out and cut them off before placing the new ones.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 06:31 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Would a 2013 coach be using an incandescent lamp? If so would it have a replaceable lamp in the fixture? In our 2021 Navion they are LED. The fixtures are mostly surface mount, no replaceable parts.
Sparky19053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 07:02 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

On another look, ios it possible thisis what you are wanitng but with a different name/model number? They mention it as replacement having been used in your rV???
https://trvparts.com/catalog/index.p...oducts_id=1545
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 01:04 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks, all.

I was able to locate replacement lights that should work. I'll install this weekend and will know for sure then.

Thanks for the responses and help.

jk
Old 04-22-2023, 02:43 PM   #7
Itasca Sunstar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkay1218 View Post
I was able to locate replacement lights that should work. I'll install this weekend and will know for sure then.

Thanks for the responses and help.

jk
What kind of replacements did you get and do they work??? I need to replace a few in my 2015 Sunstar 35F.

Thanks
Old 04-22-2023, 08:04 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Higshar, if you follow the links from my post in Feb those are direct replacements for our coaches. (I have a 2015 35B, most of our parts are identical except for the unique items in our different floorplans). I had to replace all my ceiling lights, they suffered from “strobing” which was the result of a bad batch of light sin 2015 from the manu.
Old 04-23-2023, 01:28 PM   #9
Itasca Sunstar Owner

Thanks, I will look them up
Old 04-24-2023, 08:22 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Anytime. Pretty easy to swap out, the hardest part is getting the old light out as they tend to stick to the vinyl ceiling.

Twist off old glass lens.

Remove screws.

Gently pry light away from vinyl. I use my pinky and slowly work in a circle, couple “laps” is usually all it takes.

Pull down light. Cut existing wires.

Connect new light.

Install with screws and put new lens in place.

The first one probably took me 20 min as I was really worried about unsticking from ceiling. By the end of the project I could do in about 5 min.
Blastvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 12:19 PM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

183243 01 01A

Sorry for the late reply. I wanted to install them first to make sure they worked and they do.

Tags
ace, ceiling, light, replace, replacement, view