Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-12-2023, 11:05 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

No power to awning 2021 Micro Minnie 1808FBS

I have no power at the awning switch on my 2021 1808 FBS Micro Minnie. The fuse is not blown. Any suggestions on where to go from here?
DnDcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 12:05 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Question that I get several times but never got any feedback to verify?
Winnebago uses a stamped on ID for the small wiring on motorized. Do they use the same on towables?
Click image for larger version

Name:	wire ID.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	187275

Can you spot this label and verify that it is a system they use on the trailer group?

It would be very handy if they do as we can then look at the ID and this chart to "decode" the "from" and "to" locations of the wiring.
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf

We don't get goo online info on this group but if we could look at the switch and decode where a specific wire went next, it could give us a roadmap to move to the next point?

If you have the switch out, do you see the labels? Or maybe take a look at any other small wires that are handy? I hesitate to keep mentioning it for trailers if they don't use this but I never get feedback on the idea!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 12:24 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Got it! Apparently the trailer has to be hooked up to shore power. The awning works fine now.
Old 09-12-2023, 12:54 PM   #4
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Question that I get several times but never got any feedback to verify?
Winnebago uses a stamped on ID for the small wiring on motorized. Do they use the same on towables?
Attachment 187275

Can you spot this label and verify that it is a system they use on the trailer group?

It would be very handy if they do as we can then look at the ID and this chart to "decode" the "from" and "to" locations of the wiring.
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf

We don't get goo online info on this group but if we could look at the switch and decode where a specific wire went next, it could give us a roadmap to move to the next point?

If you have the switch out, do you see the labels? Or maybe take a look at any other small wires that are handy? I hesitate to keep mentioning it for trailers if they don't use this but I never get feedback on the idea!
Oh well, looks like you’ll never get your wiring code answered…
Old 09-16-2023, 12:29 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

my apologies for taking so long to answer your question Morich. I took the switch off the wall and found an alphabet soup on the wires. Some were too scuffed to read, but I did get the text off the white wires. The wire in the wall is labeled " Alan Wire W16 AWG (UL) E93039 AWM 1032-1230-1345 Type MTW 600V Class K VW-1". The short lead attached to the switch is labeled "AWM 1032-1230-1345 CSA TEW 105 deg C FT1II 96795". It seems to me that, in other wiring on the trailer, I recall seeing text similar to the JJT / JJU format you showed in the picture. I assume that code would be on an as built drawing that is available through Winnebago. Thanks for the info. That will make troubleshooting much easier when it is present. I'm a bit disappointed to find that I have to be connected to shore power to operate the awning from the switch. I see the awning has a 25 amp fuse. Apparently it draws enough current there is a risk of draining the battery if you operate it too much. There is a manual operation set up and it's possible to jumper the motor to a battery in a pinch.

Tags
power, awning