Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-05-2024, 01:29 PM   #1

Power Antenna Lights not coming on 2015 Sunstar 35F

Let me start with what I seem posted as responses all the time.
*Yes, I read the King Manual
*Yes, I went over multiple wiring diagrams on https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ing_Models.htm

My signal finder was working correctly, then it was just not working. When I turn on the power switch in the cabinet, the light flickers green once, then nothing. If I turn off and back on, nothing. If I turn off for 10 seconds and back in, I get one green flicker again. I checked the voltage on the White/Yellow to the switch and it show 12.59, so that is good. I appear to have low voltage on the coax line to the antenna (>3v) at the switch and (>1v) on the coax at the signal finder, but no lights on the signal finder. What is throwing me off is I cannot remember if the green light on the ON switch stayed lit when it was working. I also did an ohm test and got 0 so there doesnt appear to be a break in the coax.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Not sure where to go with my troubleshooting. Do my voltages seem correct?
DreamFinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2024, 02:06 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamFinder View Post
Let me start with what I seem posted as responses all the time.
*Yes, I read the King Manual
*Yes, I went over multiple wiring diagrams on https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ing_Models.htm

My signal finder was working correctly, then it was just not working. When I turn on the power switch in the cabinet, the light flickers green once, then nothing. If I turn off and back on, nothing. If I turn off for 10 seconds and back in, I get one green flicker again. I checked the voltage on the White/Yellow to the switch and it show 12.59, so that is good. I appear to have low voltage on the coax line to the antenna (>3v) at the switch and (>1v) on the coax at the signal finder, but no lights on the signal finder. What is throwing me off is I cannot remember if the green light on the ON switch stayed lit when it was working. I also did an ohm test and got 0 so there doesnt appear to be a break in the coax.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Not sure where to go with my troubleshooting. Do my voltages seem correct?

If you do not have 12 volts on the coax going to the antenna it's likely that your booster power supply either has a bad connection to power or the power supply itself is bad. As far as the green light staying on, yes it should stay on all the time when the booster is switched on.
Old 09-05-2024, 02:08 PM   #3
Site Team

We don’t know what King powered antenna you have, as you didn’t mention that, but my 2017 Adventurer has the KING Jack™ Directional Over-the-Air Antenna and you need both the tiny cable/antenna green light in the cabinet on AND the power switch on the side of the King signal strength direction aim knob turned on. Then you get bright blue signal LEDs indicating signal strength.

Give us more info. A photo even.

Here’s a photo the shows the power switch on the side that I’m referring to:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0352.jpeg
Views:	11
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	189816  
Old 09-05-2024, 02:57 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Are you familiar with thinking of coax as two wires, one being the center and theouter sheath as the second?

Coax can be bad but somewhat easy to test. Part of the problem can be that the woven outer sheath can begin to break down and let little strands begin to short across to the inner or go open, etc.

If you have a speciifc coax, like from the wall plate to the antenna and control, you can then test those two wires to verify there is nothing wrong with them.

Just as a way to move the coax out of the suspect group, does that idea make sense, need more info or where do you stand on testing it?

It's harder to describe and write down than do, so if it is something you know about I'll stop now!
But if something that is not familiar, I can add to the idea!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, light, lights, antenna