Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-05-2024, 09:12 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Precision Circuits Multiplex Screen

We have a 2017 ERA 170M. I check it weekly in storage and run the engine for 15 minutes. Check batteries etc. On Friday, during my weekly check, the Precision Circuits Multiplex Screen did not come on. This screen displays the status of lighting, level monitor (batteries, fresh water, black water, gray water, etc), slide in, slide out, power control system (15 amp, 20 amp, 30 amp, no hook up), generator and utilities.

Any one have experience with this occurring and if so, what was the fix?

Thank in advance for any and all replies.
Silverwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 09:18 AM   #2
Site Team

Just a guess, but could you have forgotten to turn on the house battery disconnect?

That’s a simple solution if that’s the cause.
Old 05-05-2024, 09:31 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Can you tell us a bit more about storing? When you store, do you make any provisions for getting charge to the coach batteries?
One of the sneaky things we can run into is the use of the coach battery disconnect as it has some points which are easy to miss.
A big one is when we store the RV and turn off the coach disconnect, we have also turned off any charging we may be using, like having the RV plugged in! We can thing we are keeping both sets of batteries charged but the converter may run but not be connected to the coach batteries!
A second point which can add to the first problem is that not ALL drains are removed from the coach nor chassis batteries by the disconnect switches as there are some safety items still left connected.
On the coach side of things, the CO and propane detectors are still using power and can get critical over time.
When you start the engine and run it for 15 minutes, that CAN get a little power back into batteries but it takes hours to fully charge them if they are very low.
Depending how and when you check battery voltage, it may be confusing the issue. The two battery groups are connected together with the alternator when the engine is running but disconnected when the engine is NOT running.
That can lead to seeing both battery have good voltage if checking when engine is running, but that goes away as soon as the alternator stops, unless you have made some provisions to keep it charged!

Bottom line is I suggest checking how and what you have been doing and also check the coach battery voltage to find if they are just simply run down to no longer operate the monitor panel.
Top of the head first thought, but there are other things that can be going wrong, so no warranty!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 12:19 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I check the van about weekly - so a week before (about 10 days ago now), everything worked fine. Storage is outside.

House battery connect is on - I have lights in the van.

The van has solar - the Zamp solar monitor comes on when I switch the house back on and shows the house batteries have charge.

Headed to the van now to check fuses.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 05-05-2024, 02:47 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Went to the van this PM and ran through the Multiplex System diagnostics - checks fuses etc. All fuses good.

Wireless TP shows No Comm
All others just show dashed lines

Next Screen

001 No Comm

Then 002, 020, 021, 022, 132 and 133 all showed dashed lines

As suggested in the manual I removed comm lines from the back one at a time. When I removed the second from the top all showed No Comm except 022 which was dashed lines.

I have no idea what that means - will call Winnebago Tech Support tomorrow.

Also removed the screen (that won't power on) - comm line is fine - as far as I can tell.
Old 05-08-2024, 04:57 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Sunday I went through the diagnostics as listed in the owners manual for Precisions Circuits. Removed the panel that has the options to toggle through and checked the comm connections. Removed the viewing screen over the refrigerator. Found nothing.

On Monday, I called Winnebago tech help and explained what I had done. The tech said that was what they would have tried. He then gave me the email for tech help at Precision Circuits. I email them with my issue and received a reply. So I went to the van to try what they suggested. No help. So I called the phone # and extension on the email and immediately was answered by a human. We walked through a couple of things. He then asked me to removed the panel that has the viewing screens (over the fridge). I did that and then he said did I see a small battery (like a watch battery) I found it. He said remove that battery. I did and then everything worked.

When the battery dies, sometimes the board gets corrupted. The battery is there if you want to save settings - but not needed otherwise. I haven't figured out what settings I would want to save. It is working without the battery. My plan is to buy a new battery and tape it to the side.

Hope this helps someone else.

Tags
scr