Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-16-2024, 06:16 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Precision Plex troubleshooting in 2017 Era 70M

2017 Winnebago Era 70M owner with Precision Plex switches/buttons not working. Danny at Precision Circuits support suggested replacement of panel(s). He also thinks the data cables should be tested.
Does anyone have experience with similar problems?
JoMoWanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

No experience with this on V but some "watching" others with near the same type equipment and it is not good!
What I see is something that tells me we have moved well beyond what the normal DIY will be able to find and fix!
There are some who may have the skill and equipment to work this problem but then there is often a second problem.
I think you have a set of switches ast various points the are connected to the main control board, somewhat like a keyboard, screen, and mouse are connected to a CPU.
There are data cables, somewhat like business telephones use to connect the different parts or perhaps HDMI or USB cables are more familiar?

Click these snips to get a better view of what I see!
Main board front?
Click image for larger version

Name:	main front.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	189896
You have the screen and small push button controls.

Name:	main back.jpg
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	189897
On the back I see connectors for the data cables with 6-8 pins on each cable end. There are also various connections for the power and other wiring.
The problem is often that we have two BIG problems on repair for this. One is the difficulties of tracing where the front buttons and controls connect from front to back as they meet a printed circuit board.
first big problem is this board is often too small for us to work and then the folks who have the patent, etc. for this board will likely not tell us how it works nor even where the connections go!
Fixing this board is not one I would even go near!

So we have the various smaller boards that talk to this one through the data cables. In theory, we could find the right equipment to test these cables, one we got them out where we could get to the ends!
If pressed, I might go as far as disconnecting the ends and spraying contact cleaner to hope to clear corrosion but that is as far as I would ever think of going!
But to get to the contacts on these cables, I would first have to "invent" some form of adapter to connect a meter!

Name:	data.jpg
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	189898

People who work data probably have the right tools but that's not me at this time!
I would have to pass on this one!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote