Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-28-2023, 10:57 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Rear view camera adjustment? 2017 Vista 29VE

Hi, I have a 2017 winn. Vista 29ve. I tow a Jeep Cherokee. I'm going to have a bicycle rack in the back of Jeep and would like to adjust my rear view camera. Tilting it up slightly so I will be able to view the rear of Jeep. Appears as though the camera mount adjusts with Allen wrench but can't seem to budge it. I don't want to force it and break something. Anyone adjusted their camera? Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
monytaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 02:45 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I've thought of doing the same - it's pointed to see the bumper in view, but when towing, you see just the hood of what you tow - at least in my case.

Maybe spray some penetrating oil and let it sit. I'd protect everything from the spray. Likely just frozen.

My camera is a bit rusty and needs some touch-up paint on the sun cover - is your paint holding up?
Old 07-28-2023, 03:34 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Rear view camera

I didn't notice any problem with paint. I'll try the penetrating oil. Ty
Old 07-28-2023, 04:41 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Did you check where the cable is attached and if there’s any slack?
Old 07-28-2023, 05:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Rear view camera

I have slack. There are 3 heads that appear as though you would need to loosen. The mount in a semi circular shape. You can clearlsee it allows for adjustment either upon down. The heads are really hard to turn counter clockwise. Curious if anyone with this type of rear camera mount has adjusted their's.
Old 07-28-2023, 05:38 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I wouldn't mind an adjustable rear camera. I like how mine points down now, I can see the ball and it's easy to back it directly under the trailer hitch. But I only see about the front 1/4 - 1/3 of my trailer, so being able to move it up and see the whole thing while I'm driving would be pretty cool too.
Old 08-03-2023, 03:19 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

To the OP: Yes, the screws do back out and yes they are very tight. I'm pretty sure they have thread locker on them. I just finished removing and painting the brackets. I'm assuming that there are so many screws, and they are so tight, because you don't want it moving around once it's adjusted.
Good luck,

Tags
camera, view