Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-19-2023, 09:05 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Riverpark Support for Xite system?

I’m just chasing any potential resolution.
Has anyone recently had success contacting Riverpark for support?
I’ve tried calling several times and sent multiple emails all with no response.
If you had success, how did you contact them?
Gchas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 09:46 AM   #2
Site Team

I haven't tried lately, but they've always been super responsive.

Here's the Xite Support info I have:

Technical Support /
Parts Sales and inquiries
RiverPark Inc.
21953 Protecta Dr
Elkhart, IN 46516

1 800 442 7717
[email protected]

I think they do better with phone support than email.

Hey also have a Contact Support form here:
https://www.xsna.ca/support.html

Could you tell us your issue and we may be able to provide some help if it's a general issue.

Also, it's always vital that you provide us with your YEAR, MODEL and FLOORPLAN for your RV. We really need that in any post your make here.
Old 07-20-2023, 12:00 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for responding.
My issue is an error message that states the application has encountered a serious error and must close.
This shows up as the gps map is trying to load at which point it reverts back to a black screen with date, time and temperature. Cameras still work just no gps.
This is in a 2016 Winnebago Journey 40R.
I’ve tried all the contact info I could find which you also provided but I’ve gotten zero response from any of my multiple inquiries.
I haven’t been able to talk to anyone at Riverpark directly, just goes to voicemail. I tried both numbers. Same thing on email, crickets.
I talked to Winnebago but they deferred to Riverpark and Xite did the same.

I just finished experimenting with the RandDock. It allowed me to update my current SD card. I still need to try it out but it looks like the error message went away.
Old 07-20-2023, 12:14 PM   #4
Site Team

Humm, I just tried calling the number and after 3 rings it dropped the call with a fast busy sound.

I wonder what's going on? They can't all be at the Winnebago Rally can they?
Old 07-21-2023, 01:23 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Haha! That’s it. Now I can relax.

It is concerning when a previously dependable source of support goes dark.
It would be nice to know what’s going on.

For the moment, I have a solution, I’m just not confident it will be a permanent fix.

Im also curious why I didn’t find this solution anywhere considering it is such a common issue. I probably just overlooked it. I still don’t see it posted anywhere,
Old 07-21-2023, 01:35 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gchas1 View Post
Im also curious why I didn’t find this solution anywhere considering it is such a common issue. I probably just overlooked it. I still don’t see it posted anywhere,
If you are talking about updating your system with the RND DOCK application... that's posted in plenty of places.

Perhaps you're speaking of something else? I'm not exactly sure what what you did with the Dock to fix your system.
Old 07-21-2023, 04:21 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

So, there seems to be plenty of info regarding updates to the maps, unfortunately, I didn’t connect the error message with a simple update. I couldn’t find anything that gave me a clue that a “serious error” could be corrected just by updating the software.
Most of the references I found relating. to on screen errors were solved by either SD card replacement or total system change.
That’s what I get for listening to all the chatter about how the Xite system is not so great. I was convinced this thing is really bad and one step from dead.
I’m not a fan of in dash gps units, but I love the screen size and the other functionality this one brings. There are better units around but
I don’t care to change the whole thing out or lose real estate by adding another device that has to sit on the dash.
I’m hopeful this buys me some time so I can look at other fun mods instead of spending a ton on another infotainment system.
Fingers crossed!
Old 07-21-2023, 09:10 PM   #8
Site Team

Most of the info on this Xite system has been posted on IRV2.com. Many other brands of RVs use the same system. So, there is plenty of discussion on it there.

I’ve not seen anyone post about your exact issue, but most of us have regularly updated our maps and software. Well, we did until the new owners of Rand McNally stopped making updates a year or so again.

I am a fan of the Rand GPS. It took a while to get the hang of it but, for me, it works well.

Riverpark sells an updated SD card to convert the Xite system from Rand to NavNGo, which is their new GPS software. It costs $250. I bought it when it first came out but I don’t like it so I use the Rand SD card instead.
Old 07-22-2023, 08:37 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

I have had a problem with the system for a year or more. I never know when it will come up and show the map, or just stay on the "accept" screen. Xite says it might be the core.

I'm in Shipshewana, IN, right now and next week I'm going to go to Elkhart and knock on their door!
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 09:03 AM   #10
Site Team

Good idea Wayne.

When I picked up my new Adventurer in 2017 I had serious issues with the unit. I was able - on my 1000mi drive home from the dealership - to document the issues with my cell phone camera. The first week home I sent this to Riverpark and they sent me a brand new Core Unit. I changed this out myself. It was "plug and play" except that there are 3,398,572 wires behind the Core unit and everything is crammed tight into that space.

I feel certain that high temps damaged the Core Unit. The temps behind the Core unit reached over 140F.

The replacement has worked really well. Though sometimes at first high temps seemed to effect it. Then I insulated the upper cabinets behind the windshield which solved many problems all at once.
Old 07-22-2023, 10:10 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Where was the core unit located? I know we have different models but just curious.
Old 07-22-2023, 10:18 AM   #12
Site Team

Mine is in the front windshield cabinet directly above the passenger side dash board.

It looks like this:
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2023, 01:54 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

Okay, mine might be below the center console shelf where the SD card is.,
Thanks. Going to give Winnebago a call Monday if I remember.