Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-21-2022, 10:43 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Service panel transformer

My 2011 Meridan 40U suffered a shore power neutral failure. Most of the damage is corrected. The last issue is with the Auto Start of the generator. After much research, and a couple of calls to Winnebago tech support, I have determined that the transformer feeding pins 13 & 14 of the Command 30 remote are missing the 12-16VAC required to tell the auto start line voltage is present.
Getting a transformer is not the issue here. Getting to it is.
Has anyone, with a coach of my design, had to replace this transformer or hard to remove the service panel? Can I simply shut the shore breaker and inverter off, remove the screws from the service panel and pull it forward to gain access to the transformer?
Thanks for helping me out.
Rick Y
Old 02-23-2022, 02:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Well, no one could help me so I just braved the job.

The transformer is mounted through the back of the service panel. After removing the access cover, I removed the 6 screws that hold the panel in the foot of the bed. (50A service and inverter are off.) The wires from the transformer were run in a very inconvenient manner. It took a while to dig them out after removing the ground and neutral wires. The hot lead is wire nutted to a 14AWG wire connected to L1 on the EMS board. Once the wires were free, I removed the mounting nut from the transformer and pulled it out. There was not much room to work. I disconnected the signal wires going to the Command 30, attached them to the new transformer and mounted it on the service panel. Once I had all mounted back I applied power and turned on the inverter. Next I set the Command 30 to Auto start and turned on the air. When the compressor started everything ran as designed. The Auto start didn't fire off!

Summery: When the neutral on the shore power failed it damaged on controller and fried the transformer. The AC available notice to the Command 30 is from the transformers 16vac applied to pins 13 &14 of the Command 30 connector.
Hope someone gains some help from this some day.
Happy trails all.
Rick Y

Tags
panel, service