Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-14-2024, 04:41 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Systems Monitor Panel Problem 2004 Sightseer

Hello everyone, we purchased a used 2004 Winnebago Sightseer a few months back. Took it out on a few trips a few times with no issues. This last time everything was working fine but after I disconnected shore power the Systems Monitor Panel (Mounted between Kitchen and bathroom) went black. It has three sections: Generator start button / water heater, levels test and Water pump switches / lights for levels of holding tanks, lp gas and batt condition. All of it went out. The AC unit just below also doesn't work. Fridge didn't switch so doesn't work either. Checked all fuses but all ok. Connected shore power and all works. This is our first RV and any help is appreciated.
Ray_247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 05:35 PM   #2
Site Team

Sounds like the house battery disconnect is off, or those batteries are dead.
Old 05-14-2024, 05:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

All the drawings are listed by year, model and then a specific floorplan, so we really can 't do a check to be more specific but one of the big things would seem to be loss of the coach 12VDC power from the coach batteries.
Part of the thinking on that is when the cord is plugged in, the converter is producing 12VDc power and enough to be able to run things plus store some extra power in the batteries!
When the batteries are not proving power and the plug is out and the converter stops, all the 12VDC items like lights water pump and vent fans stop. The controls on frig, Air conditioner and furnace are also 12VDC powered, so they stop as well!

One way this can happen is if the coach battery disconnect get pushed to the off position! It may not be noticed at the time due to the power actually used is coming from the converter--- until it's also unplugged and dies!

It might be this as an easy thing to check but it might also be other things, so if the first idea is not it, perhaps try a simple test to verify a few things.
Assuming the RV engine is still able to start, try starting it and then test a few things like the lights.
If the lights and all those things come alive, the explanation is that power from the engine alternator and chassis battery are now connected together with the coach battery. That connection lets the chassis battery run things when the coach battery will not.
That would mean you need to check the coach batteries and find why they are not connecting to the fuses which feed power to so many things! Are they dead? Maybe a dirty battery cable is cutting off flow?

Do a few checks and let us know which RV you have and we can do a little more looking for solutions???
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 05:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Yes thank you for the reply. I actually figured it out from one of your earlier posts here. One of the kids must have turned the aux power off. I didn't think of checking and spent 2 days trying to figure out. I'm glad I found this forum. Thanks again.
Ray_247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 06:12 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Good show! Hoping all the questions come out in the wash!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, panel, sightseer