Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-31-2024, 05:10 PM   #1
KC
Winnebago Camper

What is ACR for my Lithionics Battery

I downloaded the App and got a bluetooth connection but my app says My ACR is in standby? Any thoughts?

KC
Old 07-31-2024, 09:41 PM   #2
Site Team

Could this be it? A Google search brought this result:

https://lithionicsbattery.com/wp-con...rview-RevD.pdf
Old 08-01-2024, 08:41 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

As battery tech advances and becomes more and more common, this is going to get tricky!
As each company builds and promotes their own systems and controls, there will be more and more difference in the way each works. That will lead to massive confusion, much like we see in the computer world!
No common ideas, so nothing can be depended on to work well with other systems!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2024, 10:03 AM   #4
Site Team

Post in the Lithionics thread. It is monitored by an electrical engineer at Lithionics.

Here is a link:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...es-366502.html
Old 08-03-2024, 02:14 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Most RVs have a solenoid switch or a contactor to temporarily merge house battery and chassis battery 12V power circuits together. Sometimes it's manually controlled by a dash button, sometimes it's more inteligent based on sensing voltages and deciding when to merge. The goals are to maintain both batteries at a healthy voltage, prevent either one from going dead, utilize charging opportunities from the engine or from shore power or solar to maintain both batteries.
Lithionics ACR is such device, with smart programming and Bluetooth app connection to show you the status and voltages on both sides of the merging switch.
It has an Ignition circuit to know when engine is running, which suggests alternator charging is available, so it can merge and charge the house battery.
Standby state is a default state when it's waiting to sense an opportunity to merge both batteries.
Document linked above by @creativepart describes how ACR works with a logic table of all possible states and conditions.
electric is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery