Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-27-2022, 03:00 PM   #81
New to this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinglett View Post
@Sentry, perhaps I missed it, but I didn't follow how you managed to run your solar lines. Did you pull the lines through using the existing line?

My 2018 2108DS doesn't have the solar line at all. Instead it has the zamp connector on the side, which I did re-route into a real solar controller. So I have a looming problem of how to eventually route cable to the roof. If you managed to route through the front cap, I'm very interested, but based on Fred's PDF that's looking very unlikely for me. I thought about the front cabinets, too, and it's good to know in advance the peril in that path.
I did go through the front cap. Just behind one of my marker lights on top. Ran 10 ga solar wire through front cap, and down through the cabinetry.
The en into the pass through, where it connects to the cut off switch.
I found trying to go through the roof was to tight to attempt maneuvering through the woodwork, and finding a way through the aluminum framing.
Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 06:48 AM   #82
New to this....

Here is my current set up. Solar system is in storage area under the master bed.
Everything fit fine, but what is did find is that the inverter/ charger does heat up while being used to operate appliances.

it can handle up to 160 degrees, which I do not want to achieve... Most I have seen is 125 degrees.
I have since installed stereo cabinet fans. These plug into a normal outlet, and then plug and play by USB to a thermostat and each other.

This is the Thermostat, you can set a temp for it to turn on, and an alarm for a high temp.

This is the inlet fan which pulls air into the cabinet, (the fans had to be reversed) to accomplish this. The purpose of pulling air in is to keep the air from getting too dry or something. If you are only pulling air out, it can cause static electricity and damage components.

These are the outlet fans which pull hot air from the top of the cabinet out.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Z71 4X4 w/ 4:10 Gear Ratio 2.5" Receiver. Z82 Package.
2022 Winnebago 2301BHS, w/ Victron Solar System
Old 05-13-2022, 07:06 AM   #83
New to this....

I did use plywood to support the components and avoid the falling off the thin panels of the TT cabinet. Because the Inverter more than is 50 lbs. I doubled up the pylwood.

Victron Lynx Distribution Panel. I ran the ground through the pass through and into the floor where the original disconnect wires were.

Victron Multi-plus 12v

"AC Infinity" Fans to remove hot air from the top of the cabinet.

Back of the AC Infinity Thermostat.

This is where the 6G 120v come the fuse panel. The wires had to be ran into this junction and connected to 10g 120 line to go into the inverter/ charger.

This is fuse for the positive line from the battery, and also the inlet fan below.

I'll get some more pics today showing the solar wires run through the front cap and the cabinets.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Z71 4X4 w/ 4:10 Gear Ratio 2.5" Receiver. Z82 Package.
Old 05-14-2022, 08:00 PM   #84
New to this....

So you can see top left in this image the solar entry gland.

This was the solar collection at the time of the image.

Coming from the solar gland into the cabinet.

Down through the cabinet.

This one is the Victron 712 BVM wire going through the floor over to where the door is.

Next to the door, I installed the display for the 712 due to having to attach pieces to the rear of the display. This was the only place I could install it simply....

Maxx Air Fans are on 24/7 and set to start at 85 degrees.

Tags
winnebago, solar