Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-10-2024, 08:54 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Xantrex 1000w Inverter issue 2013 Adventurer 32H

Lately when I plug into AC, either 30 or 50 amp on my 2013 Winnebago Adventurer 32H the Xantrex 1000 inverter starts running. It turns off eventually usually after 30 minutes or so. I checked the panel and it's turned off there and if I pull the plug where it connects to the AC receptacle it obviously turns off. Not sure what's causing as it never did this in the past.
briggzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 01:20 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi briggzee,
If you throw the switch on the control panel to <On>, then switch it back to <Off>, does the inverter then shut-off?
Eagle5
Old 06-10-2024, 02:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I'd try making sure the XM Inverter is off using the power button...

If you have the inverter off with the on-off button, it should automtatically cut thru power when you have shore power or generator power, and there should be no output or remote display items lit.

If the on/off button on the XM Series Inverter is on, the XM Series
Inverter will automatically supply the appliances with inverter power if the shore power source fails or becomes disconnected, and you can cycle thru the different display modes with the select button.

If the on/off button on the XM Series Inverter is on and shore power voltage is too low (less than 90 volts AC), the unit will transfer to inverter power to continue running your appliances.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 08:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

To clarify, it's the inverter fan that comes on when I plug into 30 or 50 amp service. It runs for quite a while before turning off. Don't know why this would happen as the inverter is turned off at the panel. If I disconnect the inverter plug where it connects to the AC receptacle the fan turns off. This has happened when plugging in at home and also plugging in after travelling for a few hours.
briggzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 04:29 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggzee View Post
Lately when I plug into AC, either 30 or 50 amp on my 2013 Winnebago Adventurer 32H the Xantrex 1000 inverter starts running. It turns off eventually usually after 30 minutes or so. I checked the panel and it's turned off there and if I pull the plug where it connects to the AC receptacle it obviously turns off. Not sure what's causing as it never did this in the past.
The Xantrex inverter has a auto switching feature that allows shore power to pass through it or use inverter power option to supply power. So, even if the inverter is off it is functioning in the back ground so the cooling fan kicks in. I have the same inverter. So hearing the fan run when using shore power and the inverter off is normal operation.
Rcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 06:52 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Copy that guys, mine does the same thing. The inverter fan runs periodically, I assume to keep things cooler.

TD

Tags
inverter, vent, xantrex, adventurer